Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 360 keeps freezing? Help!

Darkfinn

Exclamation 360 keeps freezing? Help!

Hey all.

I've had my 360 for about 18 months now. It has always behaved perfectly... until this afternoon.

I booted it up for a round of Fallout 3, everything loaded fine... I played it for about 10 minutes... then the screen froze.

Odd...

So I shut it down, waited about 5 minutes, and restarted it.

Again, everything loaded fine... again, 10 minutes into the game it froze.

So, 3rd time is the charm. Tried it again... same problem.

What's up with this thing?

Anyone?

This happened to me once also. It lead to RROD though

Sounds like your video chip in the 360 is starting to go. If it's still under warranty ship it to Microsoft, it sounds like you're about to E74.

I see 0102 in your future...

If it's under warrenty, send it back. If not, find someone who knows what they're doing to fix it. Just don't do anything brash like the 'towel trick'.

What's the manufacture date on it? Do you run it horizontal/vertical? Brand new/refurbished? Little info please.

Darkfinn

Manufacture date is 7-25-07... I got it at Christmas 08.. brand new. It has always sat horizontal on a flat surface, the shelf below my TV. It's never run hot or given me any a single solitary problem... until today.

I don't know if you're still covered or not, but I'd check that as first route.
    You have the old design right before the new chipset, which I believe still falls under the extended 3 year warrenty. Call 'em up and inquire.

If you want to try things to get it playable, try running it standing up. It might work for the time being.

Darkfinn

Tried two games and a DVD... same result. I'm just gonna buy a new Arcade model when I get paid in the next day or so... I'll pop the HDD in from this one and carry on.

Anyone want a dieing 360?

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Tried two games and a DVD... same result. I'm just gonna buy a new Arcade model when I get paid in the next day or so... I'll pop the HDD in from this one and carry on.

Anyone want a dieing 360?
    I wouldn't say no. Repair jobs/spare parts never go a miss. <3