Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing: Chillhouse

Default Introducing: Chillhouse

OR: 30 Days of Chillhouse

I've been kicking around these parts for almost four years now, and I've never made an introduction thread. I thought now would be the best time.

So let's begin, shall we?

I found TBDL back in 2004, when I was 13. Before that, I had visited websites like and deekers. I know, not the best way to start out my internet escapades. I didn't know what I was doing, and I was trying to figure out what was wrong with me. Sick of the twisted individuals found on those websites, I turned to google to pull me out. On a whim I searched "diaper stories" or something, on Google. I still remember the first diaper story I ever read. It featured all the power rangers wearing diapers (who'da thunk it?)

Eventualy, I found my way to TBDL, where I read a story written by Cupcake, known as Butter Cup Baby back then, I believe. So many name changes later, it's hard to keep up with it all.

Anyway, after a year of lurking and reading stories, I finaly signed up. My name was Happy Lurker, because I was lurking around and I was pretty happy. Straightforward.
    So I've been around ever since.

A few things about me:
    I play the guitar. I enjoy being up on stage and entertaining people. Not just with music, though, but I think my true calling is comedy. I like doing stand up and making people laugh.

I have two black belts, but I only joined for the excercise and I'm pretty out of practice by now. No, I can't kill you with one, specialy placed jab.

I give a shit about politics, but I wish I didn't.

I'm a pretty big cyclist. I don't have a car, and I've lived outside of town for all my life, so my bike is my lifeline to society. I spend 50+ kilometers on it a week. I also drive a unicycle, but it isn't a very efficient means of getting around.

Before you ask, no I can't juggle.

I don't like my dad much. He's been a dink to me my whole life, and he throws tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants. My mom's nice enough.

I don't own a cellphone.

I don't fit in in my hometown. I'm Canadian but I don't like hockey. I like cycling and soccer and the UFC. I can't name any hockey players. What I can name, though, are the people who placed in the tour de france.

When I'm drunk I turn into the biggest douche in the world.

At the end of august, I'll be moving away from my hometown, for good. I'm off to college, and Toronto. moving into my own apartment. So this is also a goodbye thread.

You guys have helped me with so much over the years. I know it's really lame to make a big dramatic farewell thread on an internet forum, but just hear me out. This is the least I can do.
    I'm moving into my own apartment, and this apartment does not have an internet connection. That means I won't be around anymore. My plans include getting a job for the summer in toronto, so I don't have to move back here to this crapfest of a town. There's nothing left in this town for me anymore, though. Nothings tying me down right now. My family life sucks. I don't have a job. No girlfriend at the moment. I have tons of friends, but they all suck. But I'm pretty positive about what the future is gonna bring me. I'll be smilin the whole time I'm in toronto. I'll make better friends, get myself a girl, throw a couple house parties, maybe do an open mic night or two.

Most importantly though, I think I'm done here. You guys have helped me figure out who I am. I've returned the favour a few times, I hope. I've brought some laughs. And now I think I'm ready to finish this chapter in my life, if for nothing more than to get some closure. I think this is perfect timing. I'll still be around, popping in whenever I get a chance. I'll probably be back on christmas vaykay.

So, guys, if you've ever wanted to know anything about me, now's your chance. You've only got 30 days left.

I can vouch for not owning a cell phone, as I didn't own one until yesterday. Hey, I'm going off to college, my parents decided I needed it.

Always wondered who you used to be on TBDL. Guess we've made the connection now.

Well best of luck in the big TO. I hope to hear from you though: there is satellite, cafes... And you will be missed and remembered, you know that: and always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryMargaretBush View Post
    Welcome aboard Chillhouse.

I don't know you that well since I'm pretty new here, but anyways... sounds like you're relishing the fresh start, and I hope everything works out for you

Well I guess goodbye then I wish I could have gotten to know you.

see you around:

Must have found TBN around the time i was like 13 or 14... around 5 years ago yeah...

I'll bet you can pirate someone's wifi, particularly in an apartment. But I can understand going to college, not having the time, and wanting to grow into different directions. I wish you the very best. College was such a growing experience for me, and it will be for you as well. You'll have to log in every now and then and let us know what you're up to. Best to you.

I wish you the best of luck for college, and I'm glad members here could help you out.

Hey, I've always admired your way of being around ADISC. You're always chill (hence the name! duh :P) and relaxed and you never get into heavy arguments. I'm glad to hear that you're moving on and are happy about it. It's nice to see nice people having good things happen to them.

Good luck on college! (I myself am starting medschool tomorrow )