Thread: Attends, Attends, Attends!

Exclamation Attends, Attends, Attends!

I need to try me some ATTENDS!

I've tried Abena X-Plus, and i've tried Secure X-Plus/Bambino Bianco.

Now I need to try me some Attends. It may or may not be a step down from the aforementioned brands, but they're always highly regarded in the posts I see.

One problem. There's like four styles of Attends. Which is the best and why?

And how come this site has like no pictures of Attends? Even Google images fails to produce something useful, only returning me a drawing of them :/

How are Attends, which are the best, and how do they look like worn?

I personally would not recommend attends unless you add a booster pad in the diaper or double up. I used to wear the attends 10 with waistband and they were horrible! They held very little and needed to be changed all the time.

I will say that my first experience with attends was maybe 10 yrs ago or so. At that time Attends had the blue tape and they were THICK and crinkly All they are now are crinkly (oh and babyish). I will stick with my Abena's. Hope this helps ya

Butterfly Mage

Well, the Attends extended-wear would probably compare well with Bambinos. But there really isn't anything thicker than Abena. Ten years ago, Attends used to be a lot thicker and a lot more absorbant. Then they got bought out by Paper-pak. After that, the regular 6-tape diaper got substantially downgraded. Now it's basically an expensive "Depends".

Yeah, don't get them. They have gone way down hill over time. Not really worth it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    Well, the Attends extended-wear would probably compare well with Bambinos. But there really isn't anything thicker than Abena. Ten years ago, Attends used to be a lot thicker and a lot more absorbant. Then they got bought out by Paper-pak. After that, the regular 6-tape diaper got substantially downgraded. Now it's basically an expensive "Depends".
    Bambinos are thicker than Attends Extended Wear. You are correct, today's Attends are nothing like they were before Paper-pak took over. I will say this about the Extended Wear's though (and I've said it in other posts here) They have the best tapes ever! If you like a diaper with a cloth-like cover, this is a good diaper...I would recommend a booster pad of some sort though if you plan on soaking it.

-Gus

Darkfinn

Don't waste your money on Attends... they're not really that great. For roughly the same price you can get Abri-form Extra, or Tranquility ATN.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Don't waste your money on Attends... they're not really that great. For roughly the same price you can get Abri-form Extra, or Tranquility ATN.
    I did not like the ATN samples I got since they felt way to small for a medium sized diaper, plus there wasn't as much padding as I expected. I think I may be too used to Abena X-plus, bambino's and dry 24/7's.

Darkfinn

Once you get used to an "all day" diaper like X-plus, Molicare Super Plus, Bambino, etc... everything else does feel pretty flimsy.

If you try some, the six tape Attends with elastic at the waist are the best ones to get, in my view. Although they're not as absorbent as some others, I still like them. They're a decent diaper for the price, and still look, fit, and feel very babyish. They're about the softest adult diapers that I know, are still plastic, and even crinkle a bit. They really don't have less padding in them; it just seems that way because they're folded differently and packed so tightly. I've compared them to the earlier ones with the blue tapes and don't recall any major differences in absorption. I think the perception of reduced absorbency is more due to the wider selection of diapers available today, and the super absorbent ones raised expectations a lot. Sometimes an enjoyable product of the past can be better in our memories than it actually was.

Here's a good review of them: Attends Waistband Diapers Review ? I Heart Diapers

And if you want more absorbency, try a Bambino booster pad - the duo pad will probably be more than sufficient. I have tried these with the quadro, and that turns a regular Attends into a seriously thirsty diaper that takes me 8 - 12 hours to wet completely. It holds 6 to 8 wettings, and that's with quite a significant fluid intake.