Thread: Going, going, going to some place cooler.

Default Going, going, going to some place cooler.

By 2:00-am Friday, I will be on my way on one of two trips this summer. So I will not be on or posting on ADISC for a few weeks.

I'll need to think through a fitting reintroduction for myself, for my return. As I will be downgraded to an ADISC Regular/Lurker/Newbie, I will need to post a bit after these two extended trips to see my three grandchildren this summer.

This week, I am taking my wife into the Olympic Peninsula (Washington), so I will get to be "baptized" once again in my beloved Pacific Ocean, and salt water of the Hood Canal, the San Juans and the Puget Sound (my childhood home).

This first trip will be in August to tour Washington's Olympic Peninsula, Olympic National Park and then to Seattle/Tacoma area to see my 5 month old grandson, Tristan and 7 year old grandson, Gavin.

We'll return to Southern Oregon for a month and then on to Calgary, Alberta, Canada in mid-September (1900 - 2500 mi. trip) to see our daughter and son-in-law and my red-haired 4 1/2 year old grand daughter, Libby. (She nearly broke my heart on the phone last week, when she asked me to come up and see her while she's still "little"). She starts 1/2 day Kindergarten in a French immersion classroom in September. I'm going to ask her teacher if I can read Abiyoyo to her class (As long as I don't have to read it in French).
    Last edited by Diapered Rabbit; 16-Aug-2009 at 12:00.

Have fun with your family DR! The Olympic peninsula is a beautiful place; take lots of pictures ; )

That sounds like an awsome trip, full of highlights, and things to vid and photograph and which will bring back fond memories later on. Good for you

don't expect it to be much cooler here in terms of actual temperature. it's been way up in the 90s and 100s all week long.

if mean "cooler" in the awesomness sense of the word, then i'm right there with you! this is one of the most beautiful parts of the world anwhere, and i hope you get to go for lots of refreshing swims in puget sound; that's what i've been doing lately!

The two extremes are the only places in the US I have not traveled, NW and NE. I'd love to see the wild areas of the northwest. The mountains always seemed like a painting to me. My eyes and brain would be fighting because my brain would be telling me that it can't be real and my eyes are saying the opposite.

Good luck on your travels. We expect tails of adventure upon your safe return.

The Seattle area is one of the most beautiful in the country. I lived there for 29 years (all on the eastside) but the rain finally got to me and I moved to Central Oregon. As for temperature, Seattle isn't prepared for really hot days, especially approaching 100 degrees. We had a reading of 101 here in Bend last week and it was tolerable. But for Seattle, well, that's a different story. It must have felt like hell when Seattle got that hot.