Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6'6", a diaper and a lightsaber....that ought to blow your mind

Default 6'6", a diaper and a lightsaber....that ought to blow your mind

Greetings all!
    I've never been very good at these intros so please bear with me.
    As the title says, I'm 6'6", a DL, and am into all things sci-fi/geek. I am part of a Sci-Fi costuming group that does charity events and whxdeadxch. I am an avid reader, movie lover and enjoy attending conventions, Rennaissance Faires and suchlike. I love the outdoors and animals. I've been a DL since around puberty. Typically it's a solo act for me. My GF knows all about it, and has no objections to it. However it is definitely not her thing. Unfortunate but it is workable. I tend to be more of a lurker/reader, but I will post when I have something to contribute.
    That's it in a nutshell! If you want to know more, just ask!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdl View Post
    Greetings all!
    I've never been very good at these intros so please bear with me.
    As the title says, I'm 6'6", a DL, and am into all things sci-fi/geek. I am part of a Sci-Fi costuming group that does charity events and whxdeadxch. I am an avid reader, movie lover and enjoy attending conventions, Rennaissance Faires and suchlike. I love the outdoors and animals. I've been a DL since around puberty. Typically it's a solo act for me. My GF knows all about it, and has no objections to it. However it is definitely not her thing. Unfortunate but it is workable. I tend to be more of a lurker/reader, but I will post when I have something to contribute.
    That's it in a nutshell! If you want to know more, just ask!
    OH GOODNESS! You're a nerd AND a DL? *gasp*

I suspect there is a lot of crossover between these two groups. I myself am a pretty avid nerd, though I don't follow that path into Anime or Star Wars/Trek. I like the stories in the Star Wars/Trek series, but don't collect the books, costumes, collectables, candy, wallpaper, etc.

You mention that you're an avid reader, which resonates strongly with me. Outside of Science Fiction, what books, authors, and genres do you like to read?

Welcome to site earthling. I to like science fiction, and I tend to live on the SyFy station..haha. I also am a reader and a writer, as well as a professional musician who likes the out doors, so you are in good company. I think there is a little nerdiness in most of us so you will fit right in.

Darkfinn

So... Jedi or Sith?

DominatingMommy

Hey. Welcome giant. :P I say that because I'm 5'0".

OP, you aren't in the 501'st Legion, are you? If so...we need to talk

Seventeen months for your first thread in greetings/introductions, WOW, are you just super cautious or just a voyeur? Good intro, we see you took a little time to put it together. So welcome to ADISC!

Darkfinn

501st... Vader's Fist. I'm not a member (could never afford one of those suits)... but they are pretty cool.

You will find many fellow brethren amongst this community. The nerds definitely seem to be well represented here in many different forms. Welcome!