Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP Hacking Help ?

Default PSP Hacking Help ?

I figured that someone on here must be really knowledgable about this sort of thing.

I would like some in depth help on how to put a GBA and N 64 emulator onto my PSP.

The Youtube explanations don't really help me.

Thanks a lot on any help.

Falkio

Light,

What firmware version are you using? Whether or not you can even do this depends on your firmware. You'll need to use a downgrader, and unfortunately, some versions do not have one available. It usually takes anywhere from a week to three months to release one. I was stuck at like 3.-something for a while. Let me know, and I'll help you from there. But just a word of caution, if you decide to do this, and it bricks, you'll be out a PSP. You have to re-write your flash memory then install a custom version. So many things can go wrong. If you mess up, expect to be creating a Pandora's battery and a "recovery stick" for your machine.

Just reply with the version, and we'll go from there.

Thanks

It's 3.73, Falkio.

Also my friend said that some newer games require higher firmwares, so I was thinking about keeping this old psp I got for like my 14th birthday for music/emulators, and buy a slim for cheap.

Message me on AIM, I'll explain it there. It's rather long and will take some interactive explaining to get it successfully. I'd rather not do it through PM, because of the nature of how it works [having to refresh to check for new messages, not being a 'real-time' messaging system], but if you REALLY must, we could. If you also wanted, I could probably help you through IRC too, or at the very very worst, I could type up a HUGE long post for you to ask fifty questions about if you need [this would be the slowest method, I'd realllly prefer not doing that.]

This is more suited to be in the Computer and Games section.
    Nevermind. I'm blind.

Quote Originally Posted by adaffme149 View Post
    Message me on AIM, I'll explain it there. It's rather long and will take some interactive explaining to get it successfully. I'd rather not do it through PM, because of the nature of how it works [having to refresh to check for new messages, not being a 'real-time' messaging system], but if you REALLY must, we could. If you also wanted, I could probably help you through IRC too, or at the very very worst, I could type up a HUGE long post for you to ask fifty questions about if you need [this would be the slowest method, I'd realllly prefer not doing that.]
    I'd be happy to aim you for it, i'd be happy to aim you in general.

Would you like to set up a time ? (I'm on the east coast)
    Last edited by TsuKiyoMe; 30-Jul-2009 at 00:52.

Right now? I'm in NY, and up til' about 12 PM or so.

Also any help hacking a DS so i can play other stuff on it ?

Just buy a speical cartridge for that [super-cart or something]. Worlds easier. Search for one. And, not to be rude, but please don't thread-jack. =)

sorry wasnt trying to thread jack, just figured i would ask here , vs starting a new topic