Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Bambinos

Default Getting Bambinos

Hello All,
    It's been a while, but i have a concern.

My family only recently got high speed internet and now i'm finally open to the world of online shopping. I've been buying a lot of cds off of amazon recently, so i'm now starting to get packages in the mail with my name.
    Even though music is fun to listen to, what i really want to get is a small (8) pack of bambinos. I'm thinking of ordering a sample pack tonight, as i assume the packaging wouldn't be much larger than that for a cd.
    Here's where my problem arises; my parents are the snoopy kind, and even though i trust them not to open anything addressed to me, i'm afraid they'll undoubtably ask me what came in a package so big.

So,
    What could i tell my parents i ordered that would come in a package that size that wouldn't be too expensive and that any teenager might have lying around their room?
    Suggestions??

A few books? Some clothes? A box of two boxes with 4 boxes in those with 2 more boxes in each of those boxes with air inside those boxes? You have to specify more of what is 'normal' for you to have, and what your parents won't say "You already have that!"

Or, you could take the complicated approach: Get something new whilst they're away, in about the same size box. Hide said box. When expected package arrives, promptly take it to your room. Open it, switch contents. Bring out open box, with exclamation, "Cool, it's/['x' is] here!"

Voila, suspicion averted. Loose ends wrapped up, curiousity quenched.

Hope this helps you, man!

You could just say it's a computer part or something, that's what I do when I get questions about certain packages. Seeing as my parents are old and know nothing about computers they basically turn off when I tell them.

I do like the computer part approach, especially since i sent some to a friend recently.
    I think that will actually work pretty well, Thanks!

To say it is clothing is a good option too. Just go to a discount store, (like Ross, T.J. Max, Marshall's etc.) Hit the clearance rack, and keep some items with the tags still on. (remove the store tags though) When your diaper arrive just fill the box with the same weight of clothing if you need to.

Why do we have a wiki if no one is going to read it? Danny, all your work is for NOTHING.

Getting diapers - ADISC Answers Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by dcviper View Post
    Why do we have a wiki if no one is going to read it? Danny, all your work is for NOTHING.

Hey, there's no need for that. Danny puts a lot of work into the wiki and lots of people read and contribute to it. At the end of the day yes some people don't read it, but that doesn't mean that everythings for nothing.

Another point, some people need more personalised answers. It doesn't help them to just link them to the wiki time and again, what if he's already checked the wiki?

Captain Amazing: I'd go for compuer parts. Cos everyone always asks to see clothes you buy, but computer parts you can get away with a halfhearted explanation.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by dcviper View Post

I will agree... it's kinda like the rules on posting or giving rep. Few people actually read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    I will agree... it's kinda like the rules on posting or giving rep. Few people actually read them.
    Seconded, although, there are people who do read the rules, but don't quite understand them. In this case, then an explanation is very helpful in putting them on the right track