Thread: My ice cream melts so fast

Default My ice cream melts so fast

It's supposed to be over 100 degrees today and it's very hot out and it's so hot, my ice cream starts melting right when I put it in the bowl. I have to eat it quick so I can't just sit here typing and reading the forums without putting my bowl of ice cream down or else it will all be melted in no time if I take too long.

I am not using any AC because then it rings up the electric bill and I don't want that. I just take off my clothes instead and go naked in only a diaper. But I do have a regular fan blowing on me. That keeps me cool.

Well, I don't know where Benny & Joon town is in America, but...

Eating ice cream at night, inside, with air conditioning, works wonders!

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    It's supposed to be over 100 degrees today and it's very hot out and it's so hot, my ice cream starts melting right when I put it in the bowl. I have to eat it quick so I can't just sit here typing and reading the forums without putting my bowl of ice cream down or else it will all be melted in no time if I take too long.
    Calico-

I saw the title to this thread and thought, oh man here's a sort of incidental ADISC gem. And sure enough, it is. I realize none of the words rhyme, but perhaps you could put this quoted section to music--something along the lines of a subtly ab/dl Aaron Copland; contemplative but youthful or innocent. Then submit it to some hipster art thing and win many accolades.

Kind of an ADISC moment of Zen. That's precisely what you gave me there.

Ah, and on a more serious note, would it be chocolate ice cream at all? I've had similar frustrations with chocolate ice cream, being a somewhat faster melter than the standard vanilla for reasons unknown to me.

The Egyptians (I think it was them) had a method of creating ice in a pit by using airflow and evaporation to suck heat from a small body of water. I've often wondered if I couldn't re-create such a system in my own living room. I have my own place, and if I had the money and free time as well, I might have mastered the technique by now.
    Last edited by Trevor; 29-Jul-2009 at 04:45. Reason: merging posts

Hmm...the cookie part should be ok....

Alright--get some of that canned air. Oxygen in a spray can. That stuff comes out very cold. Could be a sort of substitute for chocolate syrup.

2low

Make yourself a nice lil spot in the freezer

Bring a lil light and your laptop out
    Hop inside the freezer
    and chill in there and eat it

problem solved

Perfect solution, because I use it myself constantly.

Get a good glass bowl (I suggest glass because it seems to insulate the cold long enough) and put it in the freezer. Once you're ready to eat, pull the two of them out and scoop the ice-cream into the frosty bowl. Because it may be uncomfortable to eat, just put a towel under the bowl or something like that. While it won't entirely keep your ice-cream from melting, it will certainly help keep it more solid for longer!

If ya was in Ohio you wouldn't have that problem. Here, we've been averaging about 70-80 all summer long. It's been weird really.

I have never seen it like this before.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    If ya was in Ohio you wouldn't have that problem. Here, we've been averaging about 70-80 all summer long. It's been weird really.

I have never seen it like this before.

WildThing121675
    It's because we've burned up the earth with all our shenanigans! I tell ya, that's what's going on.

Actually, this past (particularly nasty) winter, the weather twerps told us that:
    1. It was caused by El Niņo.
    2. It was not caused by El Niņo.
    3. It was really bad.
    4. They had no idea why it was so bad.
    5. The jet stream had shifted for an unknown reason.
    6. Climate Change had shifted the Atlantic Ocean Conveyor system, which made everything really cold.
    7. They had no idea what was going on.

It was funny ... or, would have been, were it not so bitterly cold and frozen outside.