Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting kicked out

Default Getting kicked out

I'm getting kicked out of my house in a month or two. I have no idea why. It's not an age thing. My sister stayed there till she was 28. But I got the boot at 19. so I have no idea what to do next. I do have my licnse but no car.

Wish me luck:
    -Scoo

Quote Originally Posted by scoo View Post
    I'm getting kicked out of my house in a month or two. I have no idea why. It's not an age thing. My sister stayed there till she was 28. But I got the boot at 19. so I have no idea what to do next. I do have my licnse but no car.

Wish me luck:
    -Scoo
    It's a good thing.

In fact, being booted out (with compassion) is the greatest gift we receive from our parents.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    It's a good thing.

In fact, being booted out (with compassion) is the greatest gift we receive from our parents.
    It wasn't compassion. it was "I'm sick of you. So leave."

At least thats what she told me.

Quote Originally Posted by scoo View Post
    It wasn't compassion. it was "I'm sick of you. So leave."

At least thats what she told me.
    Aha.

I still maintain that's a gift--I wouldn't want to be around that for any longer than I had to!

Looks like it's apartment- and job-hunting for you, then.

Welcome to adult-hood.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Aha.

I still maintain that's a gift--I wouldn't want to be around that for any longer than I had to!

Looks like it's apartment- and job-hunting for you, then.

Welcome to adult-hood.
    I have a job already so thats out of the way. I just need to find a car and apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Did you ask her why she is sick of you?
    Yes and no reply from her. She is very stubern

Quote Originally Posted by NoahKokoro View Post
    Ouch, do you know anyone you could rent an apartment with?
    Sadly no. My friend live to far away now and I would not be able to move in with them.

A mother kicking their child out in the streets for no reason is cold hearted and selfish IMO. I mean she could have charged you a little rent of she was so worried about her bills and having to pay for a roof over your head. Lot of parents do that with their adult kids unless they are going to school.

If my own mother did this to me and I didn't make enough money to live on my own or I had nowhere to go, I'd be in panic and have a breakdown because of my anxiety and I don't do good with all of a sudden change. I have to be prepared for them. If all of a sudden we got evicted from our apartment because the health department found something wrong with it that was a health hazard so the landlords told all her tenants to move out, I would fall into panic because I wouldn't know where to go but I have thought about if that ever happens, I can stay with my aunt and uncle and we can rent a storage unit if they don't have room in their basement and garage for all our stuff. But if they said no, then I would fall into panic and my sister in laws house is dirty because she never cleans and my in laws live in a one bedroom apartment. I am sure my aunt and uncle would let us stay with them until we find a new place. But the sudden change would give me stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    A mother kicking their child out in the streets for no reason is cold hearted and selfish IMO.
    Agreed!!!

Sure, parents want their children to grow to a point they can be independent and make it on their own. To that end they should be training them as they're growing up to assume more and more responsibility for themselves. And sometimes gentle nudges or pushes are needed along the way to help them try their "wings" a little more, encouraging them in that direction. But, to one day up and say, "I'm sick of you - leave!!!" is pretty cold hearted on the part of a parent. In today's economy, unexpectedly throwing them into a "sink or swim" situation by ordering them to leave their home is more likely going to see them sinking, not swimming! Not very loving or caring at all IMO. If an "of-age" child is being abusive and upsetting the environment at home then I could see giving them an ultimatum - straighten up or out you go! If there's no behavior issues, why force them out with such harsh, unloving sounding words, especially if it's going to be a financial or other kind of hardship on them?

~Pramrider