Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it weird?

Default Is it weird?

That I am 17 and hate my job the way someone who is 40 would hate theirs? Every morning when I wake up I DREAD getting up b/c I know where I have to got for 9.5 hours. Do other teens hate theri jobs? Or should I just shut up and quit bitching?

Well I think the first question that needs to be asked, is why do you hate your job? I mean people hate their job for different reasons, is it the people or the actual work or place??? Would need to know more as to the reason you seem to hate your job so much. When I was a teen I liked all my jobs, as it was money coming into my pocket for spending and paying the insurance on my vehicle.

Millions suffer the same thing. Even I did from my last one. But at the way the economy is right now, it's really best to

just shut up and quit bitching?

I also dread going to work. I love what I do, but don't get along with the people I work for any longer due to some family choices of theirs, and I'm not comfortable working in the environment that has evolved. I really can't go into details about what has made my job so hard to bear. You guys might say "OMG, how can you deal with that?!?! WTF is their major malfunction?!?! OMG!!!" It's not as bad as it was, and I need the income, so I'll be there until another opportunity comes along.

Darkfinn

Lots of people hate their jobs. It's normal...

Just live through it the best you can... keep looking for something better.

I've had over 20 different jobs since I was teenager. If you don't like your job, stop bitching about it and look for another one. The only way you are going to enjoy life is to stop doing things you hate and gravitate towards things you like. Granted, even the best job out there will probably have some small aspect that is not what you would want to do. You do it anyway though because that's life. Nothing is perfect. The difference between you and a 40 year old is a an older person probably has a mortgage, kids, car, retirement, etc. and they feel trapped by financial obligations so they are less likely to change jobs even if they really hate it.
    Spaz

If you can't stand the job find another, if you like doing something find a job doing what you like.

I liked working on cars, so I found jobs at dealerships car lots and garages, I got good at what I did and opened my own car repair bussiness, I never worked for another boss better than Myself.

Seriously find something you like to do and find someone who will pay you for what you like to do, it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    If you can't stand the job find another, if you like doing something find a job doing what you like.

I liked working on cars, so I found jobs at dealerships car lots and garages, I got good at what I did and opened my own car repair bussiness, I never worked for another boss better than Myself.

Seriously find something you like to do and find someone who will pay you for what you like to do, it worked for me.
    That's my plan. I'm slowly accumulating the capital to do that one day.

I find that I get bored with a job when its the same thing over and over or when I am not getting the credit for the jobs that I am doing. I have been doing the job that I am as for close to 12 years now, and am totally sick of it. Just to lazy to go out and find a new one yet.

I think it's more common to hate a job as a teenager since they tend to be lower end activities. Still, with a little effort you should be able to find something that engages you on some level and is enjoyable. Set yourself a good pattern and you won't be hating your work when you're forty, either.