Thread: Is it worth my money?

Hmm... never used Attends before, but the tape is cute! And at $1 a piece, that's pretty cheap too.. but I dunno about absorbency.

I guess if I were you I'd go for it. But that's just little old me.

Im really thinking about it. They are super cute

Not worth it. If you use the shipping tool they've hidden the price there. For my zip it costs over $12 to ship, so you're looking at more like $3/diaper. Attends 10 are usable, but nothing special. Bambinos are quite a bit cheaper.

Bottom line, you can find the tapes like that on sale alone for much cheaper. It'd be a lot cheaper to buy them separately and put them on whatever diapers you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    Not worth it. If you use the shipping tool they've hidden the price there. For my zip it costs over $12 to ship, so you're looking at more like $3/diaper. Attends 10 are usable, but nothing special. Bambinos are quite a bit cheaper.

Bottom line, you can find the tapes like that on sale alone for much cheaper. It'd be a lot cheaper to buy them separately and put them on whatever diapers you choose.
    Ah, I didn't even think about shipping. :/

I wouldnt have seen that till check out

Unfortunately, you'll learn that on eBay this is quite common. People will sell an item with a really low "price" and then an exorbitant "handling" charge. I believe eBay has some way to sort based on total price now, including shipping.

Oh, and I'd suggest never buying something where the shipping price is not disclosed without first contacting the seller and working it out.

The cheapest you'll get them is $21 ($3.50/diaper), vs. a pack of 22 (about $1/diaper), or a case of 88 ($0.75/diaper)from XP Medical. You can always add your own prints.

Very pricey, and I would never buy anything off Ebay from someone with that low a score.

Couple tips on Ebay:

1. Always calculate shipping in the final cost. Sellers will raise shipping costs to make more $ without incurring more seller fees.

2. Don't fall for 70% of the "adult baby" garbage that people are selling there. Many are selling "baby diaper like" briefs that are el-cheapo institutional diapers (like Kendall Simplicity... $35 for a case of 96) with an easy to make cartoon strip taped to the front, for insane prices. Gotta be careful on AB clothes, too... Some onesies are poorly modified t-shirts, some are selling clothes that they only make after you buy them (and take forever to ship), and so on.

3. Pay attention to feedback, and not just the percentage. If a seller has negative feedback, check the feedback of the person that gave it to them... If they have a good rating, it's probably a safe bet that the buyer had a genuine gripe. My personal rule is 98% or better, and at least 50 feedback. I haven't been burned yet, and buy (and sell) tons of crap on Ebay.

Darkfinn

No way man... that's a ripoff.

Attends aren't really that great... someone just stuck some pretty tapes on it and is trying to find suckers with enough money to buy it.

Don't fall for it.