Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working on a Asperger Syndrome Community, yay XD

Default Working on a Asperger Syndrome Community, yay XD

I'm working on a new Asperger's Syndrome community. I wanted to get a forum going and there doesn't seem to be any in depth aspie forums so I'm like why not? Anyways, I'll tell you the name of it right after I grab the domains for it, just in case people try to take it lol.

Anyways, who'd be up for joining it and helping it get going and all? I'm thinking of asking some of the asperger organizations around my city to pass the word along for it and see what kind of notice it gets that way. Any ideas on that?

I'd be up for joining when ya get it up. After I get back from vacation of course.

Personally I think Asperger's is currently being over diagnosed in people who really don't have it. Or it's at least now common enough to be considered normal, but it's still most likely the latter. The blame there mainly goes to the doctor's who aren't really doing their jobs anymore. Also the medication ad's always focus only on the common symptoms that any normal person would have.

Autism, bipolar mania and depression are all majorly over diagnosed I think and I am tired of it. Everyone is a bit stupid at times, everyone is a bit angry at times and everyone is a bit sad at times. That shouldn't be cause enough to say "Oh, you got this disease/condition or this one. Oh here's a pill for it as well."

I somewhat agree with you Fire2box. I'm not going to try and explain it as I'm horrible at it, but I do think it's a legitimate diagnosis. I was diagnosed in high school, 11th grade to be exact. The most that stands out to me is me not really being able to understand social cues and all that well, which is true, I can't. It's very hard for me to pick up on when people are upset with me or something. It might or might not be related to Asperger's Syndrome, but just my opinion. I know it's being to common now and they're probably just saying someone has it even if they don't.

But aside from that, it's an open niche and I want to try my luck at it and see what I can do with it.

I was diagnosed at a young age. Before it became the 'it' diagnosis. And I try my hardest to disassociate it with autism, since many people still don't understand the spectrum. Either way, I keep it to myself, or where I can be anonymous. Still, I'm not sure what I would do in a place like that forum. I may check around about it though.

I was diagnosed when I was probably 4, because I was a huge asshole child with no friends, who was unable to socialize or do socially acceptable things. I still hate my parents for making my early school life such massive shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I'm working on a new Asperger's Syndrome community.
    For the first time in a year I can comment on this topic without having to not mention an ongoing survey that included a question on it!

As it turns out, 5% of AB/DLs report having been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome.

I'll be running some numbers to look for a causal relationship, and to see if Aspie AB/DLs are that much different. Unfortunately, there is a lot of data to analyze, so it might take a while.

I think posting your community here in the open would be a bad idea. Odds are this thread would rocket up to being the first hit on google which would probably not be good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I think posting your community here in the open would be a bad idea. Odds are this thread would rocket up to being the first hit on google which would probably not be good for you.
    I've never thought of that -_-. Stupid me. So, I'm guessing that this was a good niche then.