Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just solved my first Rubik's cube!

Default Just solved my first Rubik's cube!

I did, and I am quite proud of myself.

I was sitting in my living room when I solved it, and when I did, I held it up in the air and let out a triumphant battle cry. My roommates all looked at me funny, and one of the guys that was in our apartment was like, "So?"

So it made me wonder: Have you ever done something that was a huge accomplishment for you but someone else had to go and steal your thunder?
    Last edited by LittleMonster; 23-Jul-2009 at 05:21. Reason: 'cause.

Jeffy

One time I finally finished one of those horse-shoe metal puzzles and it took me like an hour to do it, then my brother came by, put it back together and apart again like right in front of me.

You told me you just bought it though, so it might not have been that mixed up :3

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    You told me you just bought it though, so it might not have been that mixed up :3
    It was mixed up. T_T

Jerk. D:
    Last edited by LittleMonster; 23-Jul-2009 at 05:32. Reason: word choice.

i solved my first rubix cube when I was 7.

I took all the stickers off and re-arranged them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post

Samehere

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
    One time I finally finished one of those horse-shoe metal puzzles and it took me like an hour to do it, then my brother came by, put it back together and apart again like right in front of me.
    My little brother does that to me all the time. D:
    It kills me every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post

I think I broke one when I was seven by taking it apart...

Congratulations

I never had the patience to solve a Rubik's cube. Hell, I didn't even have the patience to finish peeling the stickers off

Quote Originally Posted by Arlikra View Post
    I never had the patience to solve a Rubik's cube. Hell, I didn't even have the patience to finish peeling the stickers off
    True dat. It usually ends up aggravating me to hell.

Edit: 100th post!!! WOOT I WILL RULE YOU ALL ONE DAY!!! BOW TO ME
    Last edited by LumpyCustard; 23-Jul-2009 at 06:35. Reason: 100th post!!! WOOT

I actually love solving loving rubik's cubes.

I learned when I was in high school how to solve them from these two master guys. They at the time we're learning the 5x5 and 4x4. After getting some courage up I asked how do to 3x3, and they wrote out a crib sheet of algorithims and gave it to me. Took me about two days, and by the next week or two I could solve in less than 3 mins. Still haven't broken 90 seconds though...

In regards to the question at hand, my sister use to steal my thunder all the time. She was really known in school for good grades and for helping teachers. I didn't get a lot of recognition until my family moved. Then I had a chance to make a name for myself; my senoir year a few friends and I made a mockumentary dedicated to our class, and the rest is history.

Besides that, my friends are mean and often try to rain on each other parades. It's all in good spirits. I could see one of them doing the same, "So?" reaction.