Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: "Big Boy" Undies...

  1. #1
    Jeffy

    Default "Big Boy" Undies...

    Just a little tidbit about undies...
    I remember quite clearly about what a pain in the rear I was when I was little (up until kindergarten age I believe) about controlling my bowel movements. I just plain and simple wasn't good at it. And countless pairs of underwear were ruined. I also remember my grandma being quite upset with me when I had an accident when she was babysitting me. She wasn't exactly the nicest or most hospitable lady in the world, and sometimes she would strap me into a high-chair (I had other young-uns in the family too, i've been around younger kids all my life, so if I wasn't home and i wanted toys to play with, all there was ever there was baby stuff... and i enjoyed it thank you very much) and make me sit in it for a minute, thinking it would do any good really (it didn't)...

    Nowadays, I will admit, it is a little bit of a fascination for me to occasionally get a pair of tight-fitting briefs in lieu of a diaper...
    I do believe it is a humiliation thing. But being put into a high-chair to be punished by sitting in it always appealed to me as well.
    Does anyone else find this even remotely interesting or are there others here in my same boat? :3 It's something I would like to discuss.

  2. #2
    Peachy

    Default

    Umm...I'm confused. What do you want to discuss in this thread? Big boy underwear? Messing your underwear? Or sitting in high chairs?

    Peachy
    - thinking his lil Jeffy needs to come clean (pun intended) on what he was talking about

  3. #3
    Darkfinn

    Default

    Growing up I wore briefs "tighty whities" exclusively. When I moved out I actually switched to panties... they're much more comfortable (cuter too). Of course now I am diapered 99% of the time... so I really don't have any "undies".

  4. #4

    Default

    I think I know what you're saying Jeffy. I still like to wet my tidy whities. I think it relates back to potty training and plays into what Elli described as the control/guilt stage of development. If we don't have control, say as a 3 year old, in our potty training, we are made to feel guilty. If this was somewhat traumatic, such as in your grandmother situation, then we are fixed at that stage of development. Psychologically we replicate that part of our life, going back to that younger stage that is still a part of us, buried deep in our sub-conscience. For some reason, replicating the action which produces guilt or shame gives us some sort of gratification.

    I'm sorry. Your time is up. That will be $75.00. Elli, one of our members quoted Paiget on another thread, I thought it was most brilliant to make the connection to infantilism.

  5. #5
    Jeffy

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Umm...I'm confused. What do you want to discuss in this thread? Big boy underwear? Messing your underwear? Or sitting in high chairs?

    Peachy
    - thinking his lil Jeffy needs to come clean (pun intended) on what he was talking about
    Kinda all of those things as a general topic :/ kinda a "Including, but not limited to: trying big boy underwear, messing/wetting your underwear, punishment for messing/wetting your underwear" (and you KNOW what happens to my undies sometimes Peachy... XD )




    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Growing up I wore briefs "tighty whities" exclusively. When I moved out I actually switched to panties... they're much more comfortable (cuter too). Of course now I am diapered 99% of the time... so I really don't have any "undies".
    And I'll be doing the same deal once I move out here in a week or so, except instead of panties, i'm ordering a bunch of cuuuute cartoon print undies and i shall exclusively wear those and my paddin' n.n




    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I think I know what you're saying Jeffy. I still like to wet my tidy whities. I think it relates back to potty training and plays into what Elli described as the control/guilt stage of development. If we don't have control, say as a 3 year old, in our potty training, we are made to feel guilty. If this was somewhat traumatic, such as in your grandmother situation, then we are fixed at that stage of development. Psychologically we replicate that part of our life, going back to that younger stage that is still a part of us, buried deep in our sub-conscience. For some reason, replicating the action which produces guilt or shame gives us some sort of gratification.

    I'm sorry. Your time is up. That will be $75.00. Elli, one of our members quoted Paiget on another thread, I thought it was most brilliant to make the connection to infantilism.
    D: *gets out toy purse* umm... *pulls out a wad of monopoly money* Got change for a $100,000 bill?

  6. #6

    Default

    being put in a highchair - strapped in, that is - and left to my own sorry devices is certainly an exciting idea as far as i'm concerned. so also is wetting and messing. briefs? not really interested.

    as i type I have been wearing nappies since 10.00 last night - twenty hours so far. my wife is away. I got two pairs of shortalls on ebay and i have one on now. i think this is the most babyish i've ever dressed ... but there is no chance of any highchair action! dang!

  7. #7
    Jeffy

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by timmywimmy View Post
    being put in a highchair - strapped in, that is - and left to my own sorry devices is certainly an exciting idea as far as i'm concerned. so also is wetting and messing. briefs? not really interested.

    as i type I have been wearing nappies since 10.00 last night - twenty hours so far. my wife is away. I got two pairs of shortalls on ebay and i have one on now. i think this is the most babyish i've ever dressed ... but there is no chance of any highchair action! dang!
    Hehe n.n well I plan on living out this craaazy fantasy of mine someday. Plus with just regular white briefs it's not really all cool, but a pair of cartoon print or colorful boys undies kinda gets me excited (in a sense that i'm bouncing up and down, wagging my tail, and going oooh ooh oooooooh! I wanna weah em!) and when I get too excited, sadly, i poop. It's a cruel cycle XD

  8. #8
    Elli

    Default

    Yeah, as far as I understand it, I think the 'autonomy vs shame' stage of development involves finding a 'niche', a healthy and workable balance between shame and autonomy.

    For example, it would be useless to be too afraid to do anything (not be autonomous) for fear of failure and embarrasment (shame). Here, shame would have out-weighed autonomy. If autonomy out-weighs shame, this sounds better but people need to feel shame because this is how we are conscientious and self-controlled. We all know adults who don't have this balance quite right, either way.

    I'm not sure all this depends on what happens as a young child, because all life experience is influential, but toddlerhood is a vital for two reasons:

    1. As a transition time between baby and child, learning independence (autonomy) is huge. Feeding yourself, controlling emotions somewhat, dressing yourself etc, and potty training.

    2. Toddlerhood is a time when children become more aware that other people also think and so other people can think about them. This is 'Theory of Mind'. A young baby doesn't really feel shame, they will do anything in front of anyone. A toddler understands modesty, to a some extent, and will feel shame when others see they haven't been able to control their body.

    We must also differentiate between guilt and shame, because guilt is something we feel when we have done something wrong, but shame only happens when we know other people are aware of what we have done.

    As dogboy said, 'Psychologically we replicate that part of our life, going back to that younger stage that is still a part of us, buried deep in our sub-conscience. For some reason, replicating the action which produces guilt or shame gives us some sort of gratification.' (dogboy)

    Yeah, personally, going back to nappies has been a 'reclaiming' of toddlerhood shame, but this time on my terms, rather than the adults' terms and with my control, rather than their's. It's about owning my past as my own past, accepting it and almost connecting with the child who once was me, healing the past hurts and settling it to leave in the past. I cannot explain this entirely, but it might be what you feel, Jeffy, as though 'revisiting' past events echos or matches what happened 15 or so years previously. Or maybe not. You know best

  9. #9
    Jeffy

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Elli View Post
    Yeah, as far as I understand it, I think the 'autonomy vs shame' stage of development involves finding a 'niche', a healthy and workable balance between shame and autonomy.

    For example, it would be useless to be too afraid to do anything (not be autonomous) for fear of failure and embarrasment (shame). Here, shame would have out-weighed autonomy. If autonomy out-weighs shame, this sounds better but people need to feel shame because this is how we are conscientious and self-controlled. We all know adults who don't have this balance quite right, either way.

    I'm not sure all this depends on what happens as a young child, because all life experience is influential, but toddlerhood is a vital for two reasons:

    1. As a transition time between baby and child, learning independence (autonomy) is huge. Feeding yourself, controlling emotions somewhat, dressing yourself etc, and potty training.

    2. Toddlerhood is a time when children become more aware that other people also think and so other people can think about them. This is 'Theory of Mind'. A young baby doesn't really feel shame, they will do anything in front of anyone. A toddler understands modesty, to a some extent, and will feel shame when others see they haven't been able to control their body.

    We must also differentiate between guilt and shame, because guilt is something we feel when we have done something wrong, but shame only happens when we know other people are aware of what we have done.

    As dogboy said, 'Psychologically we replicate that part of our life, going back to that younger stage that is still a part of us, buried deep in our sub-conscience. For some reason, replicating the action which produces guilt or shame gives us some sort of gratification.' (dogboy)

    Yeah, personally, going back to nappies has been a 'reclaiming' of toddlerhood shame, but this time on my terms, rather than the adults' terms and with my control, rather than their's. It's about owning my past as my own past, accepting it and almost connecting with the child who once was me, healing the past hurts and settling it to leave in the past. I cannot explain this entirely, but it might be what you feel, Jeffy, as though 'revisiting' past events echos or matches what happened 15 or so years previously. Or maybe not. You know best
    @[email protected] wow... I already went to psychology class this mornin thank you... :3 But interesting nonetheless. I guess your right in a sense, owning my past as my own past. Another reason my fursona directly reflects my personality rather than what I wish to be (other than 2 1/2 years old again, but that's physical). Re-living my childhood gives me gratification, or even just playing the role of a sweet innocent toddler makes me feel happy :3 So it's not just diapers, or not just being bottle fed, or not just reliving a crucial transitional stage, it's living it all. Every aspect. Including my difficult transition from diapers to undies...
    Which i'm prolly gonna need to stock up on both nao >.<

  10. #10
    Elli

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
    @[email protected] wow... I already went to psychology class this mornin thank you... :3 But interesting nonetheless.
    Oops! Sorry Jeffy! I guess I was 'summarising'(?) what I'd said before, which dogboy referred to. Blame dogboy, he started it! (Joking)

Similar Threads

  1. Chinese ships "harass" american naval ship
    By MysteriousVisitor in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-Mar-2009, 04:54
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-Jan-2009, 01:39
  3. "Obama" now substituting "hey" "yo" "sup"??
    By mm3 in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-Nov-2008, 05:29
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27-Oct-2008, 20:23
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2008, 00:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.