Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pampers?

Default Pampers?

This may be a worthless cause, BUT Seeing as people here are usually pretty helpful...

Obviously there are no Adult Pampers sizes, but I had heard talk about the larger sizes, being 6 or 7, in the Cruisers line, fitting some people with smaller waists? I personally am not a large guy at all and was wondering what waist size the Pampers size 6-7 might compare to because they would be easier for me to buy and they cost less :P
    Input anyone?

If you have an adult frame, it's likely they won't fit. It will probably depend somewhat on age, as well. If you're a skinny preteen, you might squeeze into them. But yeah, don't get your hopes up too high.

I understand the attraction to baby diapers, but in general adult diapers are much more practical. (Sorry, don't have an exact waist size for you.. but if I had to guess maybe lower 20's).

dprdinky

For most people under 30 inch waists maybe capable of wearing Pampers 6 or 7.

Thanks, dprdinky! I'd estimate my waist size to be around 26 (I'm not the biggest guy, haha :P) so I think I'll give 'em a try

angelabauer

Magic, the main difference between Pampers Cruisers Size 6 and 7 is that the 7 have more side stretch. Cruisers are designed for use on active toddlers, meaning they are less than ideal for longer naps and bed. Apparently the Size 7 was invented to make diapering plump toddlers, not even older kids.

Here is an actual example. In May 2007 my friend and neighbor's then 11 year old daughter started wetting at night more then GoodNites could hold. Except for the girl's enuresis she is bright and well coordinated. Having seen the TV commercials the girl asked her mother if Size 7 would help her. Then she was 4'8" 80 pounds with 25" hips. Sure the girl could even fasten the Size 7 herself, with stretch to spare. However, the diaper was significantly too short to reach high enough they would stay in place when wet. Also, the leg holes were too small.

A difference between baby/toddler and adult disposables is that the adult diapers have more than one tab per side. This way the leg holes can be adjusted. Despite many years of R&D by baby diaper manufacturers it seems 50 pounds and under 4'0" is the maximum size for which a single tab per side is practical in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by angelabauer View Post
    Magic, the main difference between Pampers Cruisers Size 6 and 7 is that the 7 have more side stretch. Cruisers are designed for use on active toddlers, meaning they are less than ideal for longer naps and bed. Apparently the Size 7 was invented to make diapering plump toddlers, not even older kids.

Here is an actual example. In May 2007 my friend and neighbor's then 11 year old daughter started wetting at night more then GoodNites could hold. Except for the girl's enuresis she is bright and well coordinated. Having seen the TV commercials the girl asked her mother if Size 7 would help her. Then she was 4'8" 80 pounds with 25" hips. Sure the girl could even fasten the Size 7 herself, with stretch to spare. However, the diaper was significantly too short to reach high enough they would stay in place when wet. Also, the leg holes were too small.

A difference between baby/toddler and adult disposables is that the adult diapers have more than one tab per side. This way the leg holes can be adjusted. Despite many years of R&D by baby diaper manufacturers it seems 50 pounds and under 4'0" is the maximum size for which a single tab per side is practical in the real world.
    And THIS is what I meant when I said people here are helpful
    Thanks a lot, I would definitely say I have more insight in this now, maybe I'll reconsider getting them now :\

Darkfinn

Simply put... you are not a baby... baby diapers will not fit you properly.

For heaven's sake... I have a hard enough time getting Huggies size 6 to fit on my Teddy Bear.

If you are a small enough individual... try Goodnites... they are at least made for teens.

yeah i say with your waist you'll fit but they won't be perfect.

If you HAVE to go with baby diapers, don't get cruisers. I've never had any luck getting them to fit me. I'd go with Baby Dry size 6. Those have the best chance of doing so, at least in my experience.