View Poll Results: Have any of these traumitic expeirances happened to you before 18?

51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Verbal Abuse

31 60.78%
  • Physical Abuse

21 41.18%
  • Sexual Abuse

9 17.65%
  • Parent Divorce

16 31.37%
  • Abandonment from Parent(s)

13 25.49%
  • Parent/Gaurdian Drug use or Criminal Activity

6 11.76%
  • Other

11 21.57%
  • None

17 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Childhood Trauma Possibly Cause? (read before vote)

Default Childhood Trauma Possibly Cause? (read before vote)

Okay, I know we have topics similar to this one, but I am going to make this poll more generalized so that maybe we can see a pattern develop. I really feel the need to create this poll, because I am so fascinated by finding the cause, if possible of infantilism.
    So what I mean by childhood trauma is basically any of the options listed in the poll plus there will be an other option. To determine an other childhood trauma just try to think of something that had a traumitic effect on you mentally, even if it does not seem like a big deal to some people, if it was to you then it matters.
    So please vote any of the possible childhood abuse has accorded in your life. This is a multiple choice poll, so vote for more than one if needed. So that you are aware this poll will be anonymous so if you just want to vote and not post that is fine, you will remain anonymous.

For me, I can happily say none of these have happened to me. Yea some verbal abuse from kids at school but on a low level so I did not include that. I have had really good parents, not perfect but good. So I have had an overall average childhood, maybe slighty above average.
    Last edited by Eclipse; 12-Mar-2008 at 05:55. Reason: giving reason for poll vote

I just ticked 5 of those

i did 4. not the happiest thing to discuss, but it's in the past now.

Sadly I had to tick 6 of those, all due to my alcoholic dad, except for the sexual abuse, that was someone else....

I only checked the bottom box.

Note: A smack on the arse or hand does not equal physical abuse. Nor does a parent yelling at you to "clean up your room" equal verbal abuse.

Interestingly enough I never had either of those happen to me either.

I just wanted to point that out, as I know a LOT of kids seem to think that a slap on the hand when they put said hand too close to the stove (range/cooker) is 'abuse' *rolls eyes*.

I checked the divorce column, and yes, my parents' divorce when I was 2 1/2 contributed to my late potty-training, which I think contributed to my infantilism.

I'd like to elaborate on my first post but I only would if it was in the regulars section, and I don't think people really want to know about it. Anyways I went through alot of abuse (not sexual) up until I was 17 and thrown out of home, but I do not believe it has anything to do with my infantilism. I do think it has something to do with me being gay though.

I have been told to go away when I did not do anything and in foreigh countries, many people talked badly about Americans behind our backs (I do not hold this policies to all foreign civilians). Still, I haven't been truly verbally abused in several years. I guess that's a good start!

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicus View Post
    in foreigh countries, many people talked badly about Americans behind our backs
    hahaha Come to Canada, we'll talk badly about Americans right to your faces! LOL

*smiles sweetly*