View Poll Results: How do you name your computer(s)

39. You may not vote on this poll
  • People

14 35.90%
  • Animals

1 2.56%
  • Computer-related term(s) or brand(s)

6 15.38%
  • Other objects (explain)

17 43.59%

1 2.56%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Computer Names

Default Computer Names

Computers may be named to identify them on a network (e.g. through NETBIOS) or otherwise identified (e.g. a label with BLINKENBOX attached to a machine).

What do you name your computer(s), and why?

As an example, my machines are named for philosophers.

I use my nicknames for the computers. The nicknames I'm into, the ones I name the computer with.

One is "(my name)-PC". Yeah, it's boring. But my other one is "It's a cow!"

I use it on a network connected to printers and such for sublimation printing. The name "Comrade" came from a gag related to The Party in 1984. I was reading it at the time when I set up shop.

My slogan was going to be "Inner party quality, at an outer party price!"

Current one i'm on Is Master Qel-Droma.

Yeah, I'm boring.

So I have

and previously

(With ME and BRO being replaced by my and my brothers actual names).

Just chose a name, not of something specific.

My main rig: Helix is named after my best friend
    My old rig: Brisingr is named after a book series the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon)
    My iPod: Nutcase is a name I originally thought up for the CanSat project as Callsign for the can but I loke enough to use for my iPod.
    I haven't used my laptop since I started naming stuff so it doesn't have a name.

mines are named after characters and objects from the Legend of Zelda Series

my Laptop is called Triforce, because its a centrino, and it was the first thing that came into my mind :_)

my main/Gaming PC is called Hyrule (II) - being Renamed from Moblin to Hyrule, because Moblin was already in use for a Project by intel if i remember rite

the II in the name is not actually in use , but just an indicator because its the second incarnation of Hyrule, with the first hardwareset being replaced a few weeks ago