Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martial Arts

Default Martial Arts

Who here practices some form of martial arts? I'm planning on starting up Wing Chun again. I haven't been doing martial arts for very long, but I do find it very very enjoyable and I lucked out and got an awesome instructor.

I've been doing kung shin bup since i was five, got a black belt before i was 15, and started teaching classes. I'm taking a break now, though.

I have been doing Ti Chi for a few years and was going to start Akido but they wouldn't let me because of a head implant.

I'm a second degree green in "American Freestyle." At least, that's what I was told it was when I joined. n.n;

I do good old fashion ancient Japaneses Karate at a local dojo, and we are part of Shotokan Karate usa, ans we are WKF approved.

Click Here to see there site.
    I also designed and maintain there site.

• Western-style Kung Fu for years,
    • Fencing for a couple years,
    • Kendo for a year,
    • Hapkido for a year.

Now I'm much faster than I appear, but I'd like to get back into martial arts once I end up at a job.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    • Hapkido for a year.
    Ah, that's the other one I have a black belt in. I was tryiong to think of it when I posted. it's been a while...

I trained in both of them at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Ah, that's the other one I have a black belt in. I was tryiong to think of it when I posted. it's been a while...

I trained in both of them at the same time.
    That's awesome. And I couldn't imagine going that far with it now. I trained under a Master (he was also a Grandmaster in Taekwondo ... or maybe it was the other way 'round) and he used to train the Korean special forces.

That guy was something else. My first day there, I was the tackling dummy. I'd always been trained not to fall, so when he went 30% with me to demonstrate a move, I didn't budge.

It didn't take me long to figure out that the other bit in Hapkido is learning to fall, and falling/rolling with stuff.