Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pacis : brand and coulour

Default pacis : brand and coulour

What kind of paci do you have ? What's your favourite brand and/or colour ?

Hey, I have an orange and white Nuk 5 and a babyblue Nuk 5 as well. Both from pacifiersrus

Yay!! My 100th Post

here what I have

Just one Nuk5. But I loves it so much

It says Chill Out and has a little teby bear on it. I got it off ebay"inner.child"

I have another I wanna send to pacirus to get truned into Nuk5. But idk when I'll be able to do that.

NUK3 is the best I've used. The only thing that annoys me is the colors on it. I had a NUK2 (wanted silicone) and it was much more colorful. The NUK3s have white/red and blue/red. I usually use the white/red one. I have 4 total, because I decided to buy a second pack of them for some unknown reason.

I got me a nuk 5. Just a plain one with no colors, because I kinda like the plain thing.

I have a plain Nuk 5 as well as a Blue MAM with a glow in the dark button that I modified to a Nuk 5. MAM would be my favourite brand.

I also have a couple of "Happy Baby" dummies, they're an Australian brand wth a cherry style teat. I bought a couple 12+ month ones and the teat is about the same length as a Nuk 5. They have recently changed style though.

Elli

Is it just the impression I get, or do the NUK ones look more American? Or just more classic? Around here, Tommee Tippee is far more common, as is Avent. It's also not very common to find one that has the latex fold on the outside hub bit, rather than having it enclosed. Not that one sort is any better than the other, but one way looks more classic, the other more smooth.

Anyway, to answer the question...I have no access to a NUK 5 so my favourite is the biggest I've found here, Tommee Tippee's soft rim ones:

Baby Care and Comfort

Or the soft flex ones:

Tommee Tippee Natural Flex Orthodontic Soother

I'd say Nuk probably just look more "classic", seeing as how they're German, lol. As far as the latex fold goes, that has to do with the material the teat is made of. IMO Latex is better, as it has more elasticity to it. Also, you can't get Nuk 3 in silicone which is a bummer.

I was using the brands easiest to find in the UK Tommee Tippee and Avent. Overall, I prefer Tommee Tippee cherry bud ones, as they are more comfortable. I've yet to find an Avent soother I really like. When I went to Ireland recently to visit my family, I found a couple of NUK 3 soothers in a local pharmacy, which was fantastic. I find them to far superior to the other brands I've tried! They're a much better shape and therefore much more comfortable to suck on and also easier to keep in the mouth. They're made of latex rather than silicon, which I much prefer, and generally feel much more pleasant. I also really like the way they look. One of mine is blue with tortoises on . I would consider getting a NUK 4 or 5 now if it was possible. I'm not sure which I would get as my mouth is quite small and a NUK 3 doesn't seem far off from being the perfect size.

Elli

Quote Originally Posted by MyLastWords View Post
    I'd say Nuk probably just look more "classic", seeing as how they're German, lol.
    Oh Ok! Good point there!

I guess the ones that are latex but don't have an obvious folded over bit, must have that bit enclosed within the hub of the paci.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy View Post
    I was using the brands easiest to find in the UK Tommee Tippee and Avent. Overall, I prefer Tommee Tippee cherry bud ones, as they are more comfortable. I've yet to find an Avent soother I really like. When I went to Ireland recently to visit my family, I found a couple of NUK 3 soothers in a local pharmacy, which was fantastic. I find them to far superior to the other brands I've tried!
    I too haven't really liked the Avent ones very much. They aren't the worst, but nothing awesome either. Tommee Tippee is pretty good. I've never tried a NUK paci but I have had a NUK bottle twice in the past, with a latex teat, and I really liked them. I've used to fingd Nuk dummies in Superdrug, but they were always very small ones. I've not looked recently though.