Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abena Extra - My review

Default Abena Extra - My review

Ok, so I just received my case of Abena Extra (Abri-Form) I just put one on and thought I would compare it to the Abri-form Supers which I also have. The first thing I noticed is that the Extra's are a little thicker then the Supers, but no by that much, they are definately thinner then the X-Pluses. When I put it on, I noticed that the sides dont stretch as much as the Supers do. This for me is a good thing as when I wake up in the morning, the Supers are fairly loose as opposed to nice and tight when I put them on.

The tapes seem to be slightly stronger (course that could just be my imagination). I think I'm going to try these under my jeans when I'm out and about and see if they feel thicker then the Supers. As I sit here writing this I noticed that they dont seems thicker then the Supers. I will try and update this further after I have gone through a few diapers. I'm quite confident that the Extra's will be true to their name and hold more then the Supers which in my opinion hold alot!

Anyone else use the Extra's on a regular basis?

Darkfinn

I alternate between Extras and Bambinos.

The Extras don't look that much different than the Supers... but they feel better and perform better IMO.

nice review, im thinking about buying some of them. looking forward to the rest of your review.

Ok I was going to edit my first post, but I'm just adding another one for easiness. So far I have to say that these diapers ROCK!! One of the first things I notice is they are not as long as the Supers which is sort of a plus. The sides dont seem to stretch as much and as a result, after a full night in bed, my diaper was still nice and snug on me. As for absorbancy? Well in the last 24hrs of my testing, I have to say that it is extremely abosorbant and no leaks as of yet (even when sittting down) I think I may have found my fav

Oh wow, I've never tried these but I'm looking for some good ones to try
    I've heard good things about the X-Plus as well, any idea how you think the Extra and the X-Plus compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Oh wow, I've never tried these but I'm looking for some good ones to try
    I've heard good things about the X-Plus as well, any idea how you think the Extra and the X-Plus compare?
    IMO The X-Plus are better than the extra, but then again i can't really remember the last time i wore an Extra since it was like a year ago. I think i'll be ordering the Extra though and not the X-plus next time, cheaper and still of good quality

Well the x-plus's are super thick and do absorb alot more, the thing is that you get alot less diapers in a case of X-plus's compared to the extras or supers. I think the extras are still a very good diaper IMO and I will continue to purchase them

Well I see you did get your case

I've been stuck deciding on if ia should get Super, Extra's, Or X-Plus. I think I'm go with the Extra's Good review

Quote Originally Posted by Siege89 View Post
    Well I see you did get your case

I've been stuck deciding on if ia should get Super, Extra's, Or X-Plus. I think I'm go with the Extra's Good review
    glad you like it Siege, I think its the best bang for the buck, though everyone needs to experience the X-plus atleast once

I also wear Abena Extras, I have just finished off my 5th case of them actually. I had leakage issues with the supers at night (bedwetter) and have had minimal leakage issues with the extras. I could pretty much claim most to the leakage that I have experienced with them as my fault probably also. They are not as good as the x-pluses for capacity, but they are a very good diaper for all around day/night use. You can wet these 3-4 times without having a worry and the fit on them is great as BabyDia has already stated. These thus far, have been my choice diaper above x-plus for price. Above dry24/7 because I found them to rip easily. Above Tena,Depends, for absorbancy. Think I am going to try Bambino Bianco next as I heard they have an excellent landing zone for the tapes which was my only complaint about the whole abena line. i give them 4.5 of 5 stars.
    Last edited by tdlrfootedpjs; 14-Jul-2009 at 00:41. Reason: Said Siege said something he didnt, Sorry Siege.