Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gender Problem

Default Gender Problem

look, for a while i've felt like i want to be a girl, instead of a guy, but how do i know if this is for me or if i'm just curious? 'cause i'm worried that once, if ever, i have a sex-change then i may feel like i have made a big mistake, and i don't want that. does anyone have any advice?

I have no expertise in this area at all but my advice would be to explore the girl side of you. Don't rush into anything at all and just take your time. Either way I think to get a sex change operation there are some guidelines like you have to have lived openly as the other sex for a certain amount of time.

If you're not sure then talk to a random girl on the internet. They'll be the first to tell you that you don't want to be a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    If you're not sure then talk to a random girl on the internet. They'll be the first to tell you that you don't want to be a girl.
    Probably for all the reasons that he as a post op wouldn't have to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceGPM View Post
    I have no expertise in this area at all but my advice would be to explore the girl side of you. Don't rush into anything at all and just take your time. Either way I think to get a sex change operation there are some guidelines like you have to have lived openly as the other sex for a certain amount of time.
    Yea. This is a complex and life changing topic and it does need some time to be thought about. I am not in this situation but have you tried to make a pro/con list about a sex change surgery? That is a small idea but professional advice can also be sought.

Quote Originally Posted by babyreaper2.0 View Post
    look, for a while i've felt like i want to be a girl, instead of a guy, but how do i know if this is for me or if i'm just curious? 'cause i'm worried that once, if ever, i have a sex-change then i may feel like i have made a big mistake, and i don't want that. does anyone have any advice?
    Well I believe you have to go through therapy and all that for like a year or so before you can have a sex change, to check your mentality, and to see if you're prepared for the changes. Also, just getting a sex change won't make you look like a girl. You're going to need hormones for that. Basically, you should talk to a therapist before you go trying to get drugs and surgeries, they'll also help you find how you truly feel.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by babyreaper2.0 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Well I believe you have to go through therapy and all that for like a year or so before you can have a sex change, to check your mentality, and to see if you're prepared for the changes. Also, just getting a sex change won't make you look like a girl. You're going to need hormones for that. Basically, you should talk to a therapist before you go trying to get drugs and surgeries, they'll also help you find how you truly feel.
    Exxactly.

Don't worry about doing something that you'll later regret. They won't let you do it if you aren't 100% sure.

Seriously. The only way it will be legally done is with the express signed consent of a psychologist (or two, or three). And you'll only get that if he/she is 100% confident that you are 150% sure that it's what you want to do.

You'll also have to go through a RLE (Real-Life Experience) before any medical appliance touches your body, so you're set on that end.

~~~~

Apart from that, I'd say it's basic "Like and Dislike".

Try something. Buy a dress, wear it in the privacy of your room. Look at something online, what-have-you.

If you like it, continue exploring.

If not, that's that then.

pretty much what everyone has already said. give your body and mind a chance to acclimatize to it's new self and then see how you feel.

You are not the only one to feel that way. I have in the past. In fact I started the process. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye. If you think that is what you want, DONT just act on that thought like I did. Take the time to think it though. So what if it takes you 3 years to figure out if you want to or not. At least that way you will know that you made the right choice.

With me it was just a phase. Now I look back on it and say i cant believe i lived life as a girl. I tell myself what the fuck was I thinking. I just thought and acted on it. Got me in a whole pile of shit. Now I have to go back and tell all my friends and family that it was a mistake.