Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to sleep at all

Default Unable to sleep at all

well, it's nearly 8 a.m for me and I haven't slept minus an hour nap earlier this evening. It's been basically 15 hours from the time I woke up to now. Guess I'm unable to sleep. X.x I tried earlier but yea no luck. Has anyone else really had this problem before? I toss and turn, can't get comfortable. I close my eyes, even suckle on a paci to try and get to sleep, but I just can't. I'm not too hot or too cold, i've got a blanket to cuddle with- my mind just wont' stop running. ;o; anyone ever been able to get their mind to shut up, or am I better off not sleeping tonight? last night i went to bed really late and ended up getting several nightmares throughout the night that kept waking me up. x.x

halp please

Yeah, I'm having one of those day right now Stick your pillow in the frezzer for like 5 mins or so. Then go lay down with a nice cold pillow. While your waiting watch some News on the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Siege89 View Post
    Yeah, I'm having one of those day right now Stick your pillow in the frezzer for like 5 mins or so. Then go lay down with a nice cold pillow. While your waiting watch some News on the tv.
    i'm at a friend's house still so i kinda can't do that x.x; people are still sleeping around the house, and there's no t.v anywhere except the living room. xD;

Ahh, It seems ot wokr for me sometimes, Cause while watching tv, My brain get baord and slowlys down. THen I have a nice kool pillow to lay on, Under warm blankets. Maybe cut your nails?? or read a book??

Yes, this happened to me recently. In fact, it could happen a lot more often. It really sucks. The exhaustion feels a little worse than being hanged over. Everything feeling tired, but still not feeling the least bit 'sleepy'. Just not able to shut off.

Pillow in the freezer is a neat idea--I might try that some time. I also use tv sometimes, but last time it didn't do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sila View Post
    well, it's nearly 8 a.m for me and I haven't slept minus an hour nap earlier this evening. It's been basically 15 hours from the time I woke up to now. Guess I'm unable to sleep. X.x I tried earlier but yea no luck. Has anyone else really had this problem before? I toss and turn, can't get comfortable. I close my eyes, even suckle on a paci to try and get to sleep, but I just can't. I'm not too hot or too cold, i've got a blanket to cuddle with- my mind just wont' stop running. ;o; anyone ever been able to get their mind to shut up, or am I better off not sleeping tonight? last night i went to bed really late and ended up getting several nightmares throughout the night that kept waking me up. x.x

halp please
    Yes.

I'm on about a 48-hour on, 6-8 hour off schedule right now.

Has something got your really agitated or nervous? something you know is going to get you into big trouble at school tomorrow? (don't know your age, sorry if you're past school)

The only time I can remember this was a few months ago, nothing helped at all so I got up and sat by my computer figured I might as well do something instead of lying there. I did eventually get about 2 hours of sleep but felt crap the whole following day.

I spent almost my whole young life like that, I could never sleep I just couldn't turn off my mind.
    Even now if I don't relax a few hours before bed I'm up all night, try avoiding caffeene, chocolate, ans have a few glasses of milk before you go to crash for the night.

You might try putting on the TV on a station like TCM with very few commercials and turn the sound down so you can barely hear it, eventuly after you relax close your eyes and just listen to the TV, this is the only thing that works for me.

I leave the TV on all night, I have been doing this for at least 15 years. Good Luck I know how you feel.

I used to put a CD into the bedroom stereo, turned down. Now it's my wife who has trouble sleeping. Sometimes she watches HGTV because it's so boring. "I say, we can sell this dump of a house if we just paint all the walls beige. I know....lets watch them dry." It certainly puts me to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    I spent almost my whole young life like that, I could never sleep I just couldn't turn off my mind.
    Even now if I don't relax a few hours before bed I'm up all night, try avoiding caffeene, chocolate, ans have a few glasses of milk before you go to crash for the night.

You might try putting on the TV on a station like TCM with very few commercials and turn the sound down so you can barely hear it, eventuly after you relax close your eyes and just listen to the TV, this is the only thing that works for me.

I leave the TV on all night, I have been doing this for at least 15 years. Good Luck I know how you feel.
    Caffeine tends to put me to sleep when all else fails, but I had already had several cans of sprite so the sugar wasn't putting me to sleep like it should've either. xD (ADHD + stimulants = reverse affects apparently). I did finally manage to get to bed around 9 ish by pulling a blanket over my head and listening to my own breathing..

I used to listen to a white noise/classical music combination to fall asleep to, and it really did the trick, but I didn't have headphones or the files on my laptop so I couldn't do that here.

thanks guys for the tips <33

and lol @ hgtv x3