Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loss of hair at young age? :|

Default Loss of hair at young age? :|

I seem to be shedding ALOT of hair... if I pass my hand around my head I end up with like 1 or 2, but thats constant and has been happening for a few months... if I recently showered, I can see a bit my scalp. I've been trying to tell my mother to get me an appointment to get it checked at, but she's too lazy and never does anything.

Any of you guys know what may be the cause of this? I can really tell I have significantly more hair in the back than in the front :|

There are many causes of hair loss, the main four being: genetic, stress, having gone through chemo, or having been exposed to a toxin or radiation.

So to ask, are any of you uncles or your father bald? If so it might be genetic.

Are you stressed about school, family, friends, or work? If so then you'll need to find a way to relieve the stress.

If it's one of the last two, I'm not sure what you can do other then going to a doctor or buying a wig.

If it's none of those four, then you might need to see a doctor. Hope that helps.

The only thing I can think of is generic... but I'm 18 and my dad started balding only a few years ago.. (he's 48)

Hmm, I don't know. I know a few young guys that unfortunately lost their hair very early.
    I would make a doctor's appt yourself, it is worth getting it checked out.

My dad lost his hair at a young age. Like 24 ish or something. Lucky me 22 and still got allot to go around I do keep it short thought :\

But yes I would make your own Apt. and get it looked at, An I like your avatar alot

My brother claims that my hairline is receding, but my mom says it's not.

I still have a full head of hair (well its a crew cut but still) unlike my dad :p

Quote Originally Posted by chazzie View Post
    The only thing I can think of is generic... but I'm 18 and my dad started balding only a few years ago.. (he's 48)
    My dad started to go bald at a very young age (around 20 I believe) and so did his other two sons (I seem to be the exception, so far). If it is genetic then there isn't a lot you can do about it. How would you look with a shaved head? Better than just letting it fall out, lol.

I got the genetic equivalent of the short straw. My hairline began receding in earnest at 20, and I began to experience male pattern balding at 22. I just accept it and go on with life, as there is little that can be done.

Luckily, as you get older, you'll get more prominent ear and nose hair to compensate!

Seriously, kind of a touchy subject and one that I think points to how much we still have to learn about ourselves if we haven't mastered hair in ourselves (either getting it where it's not and we want it, or stopping it where we don't). It's easy for me to say with a full head of hair, but for now, what will be will be. If you are losing hair, you can fret over it or find a way to be good with it. I can't think of a time in my life when incomplete hair has been considered a matter of lower consequence. It's all in how you present it, and maybe the shape of your head?