Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ar-15

Talking Ar-15

i just ordered parts to modify my AR-15's barrel & chamber when i get it all put together then it will be able to switch it from firing a 7.62 NATO shell to being able to fire a low grade .50 cal round so it will punch through low-grade sheet metal

Peachy

Ah...upgrading it for shooting road signs? I hope you keep it locked away at all other times - too many people die from gun accidents!

Peachy

My first thought was Ar-15 doesn't exist. Then again I'm more f a chemist then a marksman

Falkio

Nice! But that is going to get expensive to shoot. Do you hunt with it? Most people I know put .22 conversion kits to replace 7.62, and save money. I would love to get a Class III and do that.

I also might get an Armalite A2 when I move out of this state.

ummmm, .50BMG in a AR-15 receiver? I have a hard time believing that, seeing that a .50BMG round is about the size of the receiver you are planning on putting it into. Plus, the chamber on a M2 Browning Machine Gun is about twice again as large as the round. Also, the last time i checked (which was yesterday, incidentally) .50BMG was going for about $2.30/rd over at Ammoman. Also, have you ever shot a .50BMG weapon before? I have, and it was mounted on a pintle. I wouldn't ever want to shoot one from my shoulder.

How the hell are you able to afford such a badass gun?! Even IF your in the military, don't you still have to pay for them? On the upside, this specific thread gives me the perfect opportunity to post this link.

ummmm, .50BMG in a AR-15 receiver?I have a hard time believing that, seeing that a .50BMG round is about the size of the receiver you are planning on putting it into.
    Im pretty sure thats a completely different gun that takes a completely different round.

Nice! But that is going to get expensive to shoot.
    Last edited by Martin; 09-Jul-2009 at 22:17. Reason: Merging doublepost

Hmmm... going to want some more info on this one. For starters, there are not many ARs chambered in 7.62, as most are 5.56. As for the .50 Im going to assume you will be using .50 action express, since .50 bmg is a long action round that is far too long for the bolt travel of an AR platform.

That being said, why would you want to? .50 ae carries less energy than the 5.56 or 7.62, as it is a pistol cartridge.

Falkio

You know, I didn't even think about the receiver issue before. You guys are right, .50BMG would not fit, and most black rifles are chambered in 5.56. Seven-six-two versions do exist, but its more of an AK caliber. Why didn't you just get one of those?

They pack a hell of a punch.