Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XM Satellite radio

Default XM Satellite radio

I have XM Satellite Radio in my truck which I enjoy very much. Mine is a after market radio and was very well installed by Circuit City(which is now out of business). I had my truck in to have the windshield replaced and in doing so the antenna cable was pinched and made my XM receiver not work. But the place where I had the windshield replaced made good and I took my truck to Best Buy and they reimbursed me the $83.00 dollars to have the antenna replaced. The jist of this post is to warn others who may find themselves in a similar situation and tell who ever is working on your vehicle you have Satellite Radio installed.

My dad just bought a 2009 sliverado and it comes with XM as well, but it's bulit in. However I don't know of any really good stations on it, however if he keeps it I am going to ask him to get the best of sirus as well. I want those NFL games especially my Rams and 40whiners.

I got XM the weekend after it came to market... Paid over $400 for a hardwired Pioneer unit. It was great for the first few months, but all the music stations seemed to play the same stuff over and over. I ended up only listening to the talk and comedy stations.

It's been shut off for years now, but I still have the big box in my trunk, and the huge (compared to the tiny ones nowadays... the original was a big as my fist) antenna still stuck on my roof. Nowadays it's easier (and free) to stream music off the internet and send it to the radio via bluetooth.

The one on my dad's new truck looks like a tiny black sharkfin. :P

It' also picks up HD radio too, I think. I still haven't found anything good other then Classic Vinyl and Alt Nation. All the other rock stations don't play anything too good.

My father's 2004 Z71 Silverado has XM built into his BOSE sound system receiver. Needless to say, FM or AM isn't ever used :P.

I have the XM built into my 2008 GMC Sierra and I rarely use the regular radio. There are some stations that play the same songs over and over, but there are so many stations to choose from that I never get bored of it. I like that I can drive wherever I want to and never have to change the channnel if I dont want to.

I have had 4 cars so far with sattilite radio 3 GM's and one Mazda, I think it sucks they keep bugging me to renew the subscription I would rather listen to FM radio at least it dosn't skip as much as XM.

You won't get me to pay for radio it's bad enough I have to pay to see TV.

I know what you mean about the skipping. My son has Serius and when we went up for a Baltimore Oriels game, he had to constantly change his radio tuner to keep what we were listening. It seems archaic.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    It seems archaic.
    That isn't a fault of Sirius... Only a fault of using an FM modulator. He'd be much happier with a line-in adapter, and they're quite cheap for most cars.

I mostly listen to the 60s on 6 or 70s on 7. I also like listening to the Cubs games too on the way home from work. I use XM most in my home on my computer. Like now on Saturday evening I am listening to the Cousin Brucie show on 60s on 6. They will also continue to play the old Kasey Kasem American top 40 radio shows too. They are on channel 7 at 12 noon on Sat and replayed at 9 am on Sun(all times are Eastern time). The 80s channel plays it at 8 pm on Sunday evening. These shows are done with no commercials too