Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: when things go bump in the night

Default when things go bump in the night

I woke up last night at 3:30 am. I was lying on my back. I thought to myself "why am I awake?" then I looked at my chest.

Sitting on me, firghtfully close to my face, was the biggest freaking spider i've ever seen before. It looked like it was the size of a tarantula. And it was staring right at me.

I threw off my covers and ran out of my room stark naked, slamming the door behind me and all the while screaming "oh shit! oh shit! oh shit!"

i'm crazy afraid of spiders and bugs of all kinds. Only when they're in my bedroom, where i have to sleep though. Outside I can deal with them.
    A couple weeks ago a bumble bee flew into my bedroom and I accidently stepped on it. I only lightly stepped on it though, and i could feel how fuzzy it was with my foot.

Anyway, for the rest of last night i was too scared to go back into my room, so i slept on the couch in my living room. this morning i checked it out and there was no giant spider. we don't have any spiders in canada any bigger than your average wood spider. that makes me think it was all a hallucination.

but then why am i hallucinating about spiders?

I'm not scared of spiders at all in the day but if I wake up and see one I do jump out of bed, have never come across any really large ones though.

Thing I get spooked out at night by is random noises. My ears are really sensitive and every little creak in the house I pick up on, makes me think someone has broken in all the time.

Chill man, he was just standing guard, keeping the insects away.
    I'll take spiders over pesky insects anyday, in this part of the world there aren't any poisionous spiders, and I really hate bug bites.

I occasionally have "Exploding Head Syndrome" (seriously, look it up) and no matter how much I know that no one has broken in, I always have to prowl around and go on patrol for at least an hour before I feel like I can go back to sleep again.

As for that manifesting itself in insect form ... when I was about 10, I woke up to feel a cockroach munching on my scalp. I ran my fingers through my hair, flung the thing across the room, sat up, turned on the light, and saw the tail-end of it scurrying away.

There was very little sleep after that.

When I was in the Army and in the Saudi Desert prior to the start of the Gulf War, I was in my sleeping bag one night and felt something run up on my sleeping bag. I turned my flashlight on and a kangaroo rat was staring right into my face. I told him "Get outta here!", and he scampered away. Cute little guy!

DominatingMommy

Quote Originally Posted by closet dl View Post
    When I was in the Army and in the Saudi Desert prior to the start of the Gulf War, I was in my sleeping bag one night and felt something run up on my sleeping bag. I turned my flashlight on and a kangaroo rat was staring right into my face. I told him "Get outta here!", and he scampered away. Cute little guy!
    Atleast it wasn't one of those horrible camel spiders. Yikes!

Oh man, I would have freaked the fuck out. I remember one time I was cleaning up the basement, and I flipped over a little blanket thing, and there was a big spider on the other side. I had the biggest spaz attack I had ever had.

Peachy

You sound like my youngest brother...he lets out girly shrieks and runs off when he sees a spider. I would have loved to see the expression of your face when you came running out of the room yelling "oh shit".

I'm not afraid of spiders. I'm not saying I'd want to cuddle one at night, but I'd rather have spiders than stupid flies or mosquitos, since spiders do eat those for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so I'm quite grateful that they help cutting back on the nasty insects-population. Of course I'd prefer a sleeping environment without spiders. If I do find one, I get a cup and some paper, put the cover over the spider, slide the paper between cup and wall and take the whole thing outside, where I release the spider.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Sitting on me, firghtfully close to my face, was the biggest freaking spider i've ever seen before. It looked like it was the size of a tarantula. And it was staring right at me.
    A spider's stare is more scary because they have eight eyes glaring at you!

Chillhouse, it could have been much worse. You could have waken up (or hallucinated) about the spider staring at you and be all wrapped up in the spider's silk!

~Pramrider