Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walgreens diapers on closeout

Default Walgreens diapers on closeout

I just got back for Walgreens and their brand diapers are on close out, I paid $2.08 for each bag of mediums and $2.62 for each bag of Xl. I also got 6 jumbo bags of Xl ( 28 per bag) for #3.62. Better head down there fast before they sell out. I bought all the ones my store had.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJohn View Post
    I just got back for Walgreens and their brand diapers are on close out, I paid $2.08 for each bag of mediums and $2.62 for each bag of Xl. I also got 6 jumbo bags of Xl ( 28 per bag) for #3.62. Better head down there fast before they sell out. I bought all the ones my store had.
    Even if their only purpose is stuffers, that's not bed. Heck, if you melted them all down and got all the petroleum products out, you'd likely break even. That's a brilliant price!

Darkfinn

Wow... that kinda sucks... are all the stores going away from actual diapers?

I was just at Walgreens today (picking up some Goodnites) and they were still normally priced. :\ Maybe it's just your locale.

I think it's just the locale. I was just at mine a day or so ago, and no change in the prices.

Walgreens is in the process of changing their store profiles. This means the they are reducing the amount of products they carry by 15-20%. This has been going on for months and will continue for several more. You will see little orange clearance tags around the store, (mostly on the lowest performing products.) In stores with larger incontinence runs you may be down to 1 choice for "adult briefs" Stores with smaller runs, "briefs" will be eliminated. This sucks for us because "real" adult diapers will be harder to find. It's just a fact that most people who "need" protection go for the "pull-ups" over "briefs." Walgreens is not the only retailer who is doing this, there are others as well. The retail industry calls this "Customer Centric Retailing"

Darkfinn

The retail industry calls this the largest recession in world history. Everyone is getting rid of items that don't sell well. It means less choice for all of us.