Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Look what I got for my room today...awesome or what?

Default Look what I got for my room today...awesome or what?

So, found this guy on Craigslist and look what I got today for FREE. Now, to figure out what works and what everything is. I'm esp. curious to this music control panel thingy. Here comes the geek pr0n.

Quote Originally Posted by NickofNewjersey View Post
    What was that last thing? Some kind of locker?
    Not enough depth to really tell, but I'd guess it's a 19" telco or DJ rack.

19" cabinet. It's a server rack I think. Looks about as deep as my fingertips to where my arm bends, about 15" or more?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    19" cabinet. It's a server rack I think. Looks about as deep as my fingertips to where my arm bends, about 15" or more?
    Sounds like a DJ rack. (Or a "media rack".)

A proper 42U-type server cabinet would be much deeper than that, as you're accommodating the box and cables AND cable-management.

Either way, that's great.

What I wouldn't have killed to have that server rack back in the day when I used rackmount keyboard sequencers, mixers, and sample machines for musiic. >,> There were never enough rack units to house enough of that shit! I am jealous, sir! Your second machine appears to be a DAT cue-panel/mixer. I'm not sure how much use you'd get out of it without some other components, but you might have some luck messing around!

Yea, that mixer or whatever it is has a vga output or something similar to it. It also has an s-video port on it to o.O

I'm more interested in the JAZ drive. XD [I still use ZIP drives, just for light not-very-important backups to be stored for a few months at a time.]

DannyTheNinja

Dude, how much do you want for that 19 inch rack? Wow, I would kill for one of those. (What's sad is that I actually have enough equipment to fill a good part of it...)

--Danny