Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Here Surf?

Default Anyone Else Here Surf?

Everyone is unique and certainly most of us on this site are pretty damn unique. I am curious, though, are there are any other diaper wearing surfers out there? Anyone? [...crrriiiiik....crickets chirping in the background]

You know, the riding waves kinda surfing. Here are some surf sayings to get things started....

"If it swells, ride it!"
    "Surfing is not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that"

I've tried it and enjoyed myself while trying, but I've got no upper body strength and I'm overweight + out of shape, so I couldn't really pull myself up into a standing position off the bat. I can get to my knees and THEN stand up but yeah xD

I only surf the web. Not the response you wanted huh :P?

Asher

It's a little hard for me to surf considering I live in the desert, so sadly, no : (

It's a healthy addiction. I'm currently having withdrawal symptoms since here in Florida we are having are typical flat summer spells. I can't travel right now either. Not the best place to live as a surfer, but certainly not the worse either.

Darkfinn

I believe Novasurf does. I remember him talking about diapers under wetsuits some time ago.

Thanks Darkfin. Diapers under wetsuits....hmmm....never tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sila View Post
    I've tried it and enjoyed myself while trying, but I've got no upper body strength and I'm overweight + out of shape, so I couldn't really pull myself up into a standing position off the bat. I can get to my knees and THEN stand up but yeah xD
    It does take a lot of upper body strength. Most of the surfers I know, including myself, have chicken legs, but proportionately larger upper torso, shoulders and arms. You have to be able to "pop" up to your feet in an instant. You can practice this maneuver out of the water, it's like a marine push-up.
    Last edited by Martin; 08-Jul-2009 at 21:36. Reason: Merging doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    It does take a lot of upper body strength. Most of the surfers I know, including myself, have chicken legs, but proportionately larger upper torso, shoulders and arms. You have to be able to "pop" up to your feet in an instant. You can practice this maneuver out of the water, it's like a marine push-up.
    Yeah I dont have any real strength in my arms, which was where all my problems came in XD I also couldn't get any real waves- like you I'm in florida, and the waves here as you can see suck really badly. lol What part of florida are you in? ^^ I'm up near daytona beach o:

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Everyone is unique and certainly most of us on this site are pretty damn unique. I am curious, though, are there are any other diaper wearing surfers out there? Anyone? [...crrriiiiik....crickets chirping in the background]

You know, the riding waves kinda surfing. Here are some surf sayings to get things started....

"If it swells, ride it!"
    "Surfing is not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that"
    I have surfed on one occasion, spread over a two-week period in my youth.

It was a longboard. With no grip-tape or wax. In the ocean. With ten-year-old me driving.

I stood up and surfed along for ~10 feet on/in a 3-foot wave. No big deal, but it felt like one!

At some point, I'd like to go back and try with a board not from the 1970s. That thing was HEAVY and cumbersome!