Thread: R.I.P. Steve McNair

Default R.I.P. Steve McNair

It is a sad day for Ravens fans. Steve McNair was found dead from gun wounds. Police suspect possible murder/suicide. Just another reminder of how incredibly dangerous our urban neighborhoods have become.

Quote Originally Posted by DiaperLines View Post
    It is a sad day for Ravens fans. Steve McNair was found dead from gun wounds. Police suspect possible murder/suicide. Just another reminder of how incredibly dangerous our urban neighborhoods have become.
    I don't think this is a case-study in the danger of urban neighborhoods. If anything, I'd point to the danger of unstable girlfriends. Or the danger of someone who is 20. Either way, I don't see how "urban neighborhoods" fit into this.

Matrix Blade

It doesn't have anything to do with the neighborhoods. I think I read that the case is starting to look like a murder-suicide case (women shot him then herself). It seemed like McNair and a friend were going to go comfort her about an issue; he was trying to be a friend. I don't know the whole story, but that's what I understand of it, from the liitle details the press has given us.

At any rate, Steve McNair will be missed. He was an incredible athlete, player, and person. As a fan of both the Titans and Ravens, I'm deeply saddened.

Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    the danger of someone who is 20.
    I find that so offensive I am coming at ya with a gun.. Oh wait..

(Joking of course!)

But really it's sort of ironic he's cheating on his wife with this girl and she ends up killing him and herself. He must of known this girl was unstable, why the hell would you kill your boyfriend who's a famous ex NFL quaterback? Sure he might be in the shitty arena football but you could at least expose him and write a book.

Darkfinn

I wouldn't say that this has anything to do with "the hood"...

Nashville has classified this tragedy as a homicide. I feel sorry for McNair's wife and family. But I think he was a great QB for the Titans and will be missed in the NFL. That's how I will remember him.

I was by there when this happened. I was up on a couple 4-5 blocks but I figured it was nothing until I got to work and saw the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by steel View Post
    I was by there when this happened. I was up on a couple 4-5 blocks but I figured it was nothing until I got to work and saw the TV.
    Thank you, I personally can not live if I don't hear about the case every 2 months give or take a few days. (No I am not joking at all, I need to be reminded of McNair's death, it really sustains me much like the tears of children when their dreams are crushed.)

okay I was joking. In other news, Billy Mays and Micheal Jackson are still dead!