Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone should make a form.....

Post Someone should make a form.....

Is there a form that test to see exactly why you like diapers... cause im not quite sure... oh by the way im knoche i just switch over to centende

a test would be the best thing for *B's and dl's alike since disposables replaced cloth in the mainstream

EmeraldsAndLime

Why people like diapers is such a vast array of possibilities that it'd be impossible to quantify it in the form of a test.

From what I've seen, liking diapers stems from one's own experiences in life. I doubt any two people would share all the same reasons for liking diapers. They may have similar reasons, but they wouldn't be exactly the same.

There is no cookie cutter explanation, it all deals with your experiences, for me, it was/is probably constant verbal abuse at school for the past 8 or so years.

I think a forum containing your speculations on why you think you became a *B/DL could prove to be highly constructive, as, like both Fallen and Lukie said, everyone has had different experiences. So, while a test would be quite difficult, perhaps a large "think-tank" might be useful.

Like everyone said there is no definitive test to see what the cause is. Although we have several threads discussing this in the mature thread, you can check those out. EDIT: Earlier I said you had to be 16 to view the mature forums, apparently I am wrong because people under 16 have been viewing it from what I have heard. I just assumed it was this way because that is the way the adul ab/dl forum used to be on the old site (TBDL). I apologize if I mislead anyone.
    Last edited by Eclipse; 11-Mar-2008 at 21:34. Reason: mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    From what I've seen, liking diapers stems from one's own experiences in life.
    that notion is misleading. there is a good chance, since our interests are so parallel with diapers, that there is a single constant that none of us have as of yet realized. in terms of actually testing it, it's entirely speculation.

everyone has different experiences, but there has to be something specific that leads to an interest in diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by handfulofoats View Post
    everyone has different experiences, but there has to be something specific that leads to an interest in diapers.
    I agree, we just do not know what yet. We know that sexual abuse causes homosexuality with most sexual abused people, so there has got to be something specific about us.

Quote Originally Posted by handfulofoats View Post
    that notion is misleading. there is a good chance, since our interests are so parallel with diapers, that there is a single constant that none of us have as of yet realized. in terms of actually testing it, it's entirely speculation.

No two people, not even identical twins, have exactly the same experiences in life. So I doubt there is 'one thing' that leads to an interest in things *BDL.

Besides, my 'interest' wasn't something that was with me from early childhood/teen years. In fact, until I was introduced to infantilism in 2001, I would never have even considered the idea (especially considering my children were well out of diapers by that time...I'd pretty much had my fill of diapers and diaper changes....enough to last a lifetime...or so I'd thought!)!

I came from a large family (4 brothers and 2 sisters)...I'm not the oldest, the youngest, or even really a 'middle child' (it's difficult to explain really). My mother was a 'stay at home mom' and my father worked 9-5 Mon - Fri.

I guess I had a very stereotypically upper-middle-class upbringing (aside from the numerous siblings). I went to school, was in the band, took piano lessons, sang in the school choir, went to all the school and band functions (dances, etc), had a number of good friends all through school (okay, being good friends with the maid's daughter and dating another friend's family's social worker may not be quite stereotypical, but I don't think they led to my interest in infantilism).

I went to university, joined the military, got married, had kids. The usual stuff.

I doubt anyone here has a life 'exactly' like mine, in fact, I doubt that 'everyone here' has 'one specific thing' in common with me, especially when one considers the vast age differences on this site (some as young as 12-13 others over 50...I'm somewhere in there myself )

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    I agree, we just do not know what yet. We know that sexual abuse causes homosexuality with most sexual abused people, so there has got to be something specific about us.
    Please please pleeeeeeeeeeeease tell me you were just joking!

It would be interesting to see what comes up if a wide range of us were given one of the newer versions of the MMPI.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneso...lity_Inventory)

They have an updated version and an adolescent version. I bet at some level some common things pop up.

cpndl