Thread: My planned upgrade list, what you think XD.

Default My planned upgrade list, what you think XD.

Birthday coming up and here's what I've got in store for my rig. I know I should upgrade to an i7, but I don't want it lols. Not yet at least.

So, here are my upgrades XD. MM3 will be happy lol. - Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1 - LCD Monitors x2 (already got 1) - MSI N260GTX-T2D896-OCv4 GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards x1 (already got 1) - XFX MB750I72P9 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards x1 (for the dual pcie x16 slots) - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies x1 (520w isn't enough for me lol)

So, 3 screens, 4 later on. SLI when in games. I'm gonna see if I can't play Crysis 2 on this now. Their focusing more on the gfx usage, so maybe I will be able to play it on like medium or something. Gonna miss the ultra high settings of Crysis 1

If you are gonna get a new mobo, you may as well upgrade to i7 now... its the future, and all. Oh, and how are those Acer flatpanels working out for you? I want to get a pair of (something) to play MSFSX on.

I love my acer 22". <3!!!

And i7 isn't ready for me. I'll upgrade later on when I got about $3000 to put into a pc.

it sounds like a nice upgrade. just too bad i dont have any money for one

if your going to be running dual video cars you might as well run the best CPU's too, I say get a i7 board, I think some of them can also support older CPU's like dual cores so you don't need a quad right away.

The GTX series cards are like the thickness of 2 cards, aren't they? I know they are pretty big, so make sure your case can accomadate an extra one. Also, SLI is useless and a huge waste of money.

The common misconception of dual cards is that they don't act as one bigger one (like RAID with hard drives). nVidia's SLI rendering mode splits the screen top and bottom, so it is extremely inefficient. Don't waste your money. ATI's rendering modes are much better, but do not get their cards for games!

Don't bother with Corsair, you can easily get an off-brand supply for cheaper, I'm sure. From what I hear, i7 really isn't worth the extra cost ($300 for the i7+$300 for a good mobo) unless you are completely rebuilding everything. Don't waste your money on that.

@BabyGrizzy: Yes, they're as thick as two cards. My Antec 300 holds one just fine, but I'm running caseless, so no problem at all. I'm not using it for SLI any, just for quad monitors. And don't say go ATI, linux has horrible ATI support.