Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Melting in the heat!

Elli

Cool Melting in the heat!

Well, the Uk is currently in a heatwave, but I hadn't expected this to happen...

I wore Boots StayDry, as the cloth-feel and breathable sides avoids all that sweaty hot plastic. And this was great, until I noticed the nappy getting looser, and realised what was happening. They have a plastic panel 'landing zone' and the glue that holds this to the cloth-feel material had melted into a sticky web-like mush. The tapes were still stuck to it, but the landing zone was working it's way off and making sticky goo on my shorts.

My nappy was melting off me!!

I love the irony here. In the UK we always complain about not having good weather. Then when we get good weather we complain over the effects it has, we're a hard bunch to please!

I think the only solutions here are to stay where it's cool, find a different nappy or don't wear one.

well, not wearing one is out of the question :P i suggest bambino! the one i had here held up all day in 120f weather

How hot is it/was over there? A few days ago it was 110 here in central California.

Elli

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    How hot is it/was over there? A few days ago it was 110 here in central California.
    Ha, yeah...well, it got to 32C (89.6F) in London, and more like 30C elsewhere. But to those in the UK, that's HOT!! I guess it was quite humid too. And no one really has air-con in their homes, just in some public buildings.

Yeah, the solution is to not wear one really, or just at night. But it amused me to have that melting happen! I guess UK nappies are only meant for normal Uk weather!!

Cloth diapers without sticky tapes, prevail I believe makes a cloth diaper with Velcro style tapes that should not have the same problem.

Well my diapers don't melt even in 100 degree heat, also 80-90 is fine weather. A little warm but surely not hot.

Elli

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Well my diapers don't melt even in 100 degree heat, also 80-90 is fine weather. A little warm but surely not hot.
    You guys must be far more hardcore bearers of heat than us in the UK! We have a whole BBC web page dedicated to the heatwave.

BBC - Weather - Weather News

It was the glue that melted, that holds the landing zone to the cloth-backing. Gooey strands of glue.

Lol Fire2box, here in the UK this weather is unheard of!

The met have released a Weather Warning, of level 2 out of 4, although it's been predicted it will go up to 4 before the end of the week. We aren't prepared for weather like this so it hits us harder.

I think *I'm* melting in the heat here, so I'm not surprised your nappy has as well Elli! Poor poor you, that must have been a shock!

Elli

Yay, no offence to anyone else, but it's great to find a brit who understands our difficulty in adjusting to the heat! I am a bit used to those particular nappies failing in some way or another, but this new way amused me!