Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homemade diaper I've been doing my whole life

Default Homemade diaper I've been doing my whole life

I wouldn't see myself doing this again, after going through over 100 disposables, but here I am, home for the summer doing the same old homemade contraption.

I guess I am posting this because I want to know if anyone has tried something similar. Since I was around 7 years old, I've been making this homemade diaper. It's a really cheep and easy *REALLY EASY* way to get a diaper. What I have done, is I get a grocery bag that measures about my hip size in circumference, step through the inside-bottom of the bag very carefully, (making two leg holes), and slowly pulling the plastic up, and having a tight seal as you do so.

The next step (and it isn't my normal method, I think that my normal method is too disturbing for some forum viewers)-- yes, the method has changed a bit over time since I was 7, but the "improved" version of the next step is to grab one of your mom's hand towels under the sink that she uses for cleaning or something... you'll find something similar if you have a mom like mine. It isn't nice, but it absorbs really amazing, and she has a pile of them in our laundry room sink cupboard, so I don't think an occassional towel steal is going to harm her (yes I have a conscience).

Fold up the towel and place it between your legs where the plastic bag is pulled up, and then pull up the bag the rest of the way over your butt. At this point, it's good to double layer the plastic bag just in case there was a hole in the first one. Now pull them both by the handles as high as you want a diaper to go, and bend the bag over and tie the plastic handles togthether in the front (depending on your waist size) you may have to use a twisty tie or a string. Your more crinkley than ever diaper is now complete.

Yeah, you don't want to wear this one in public or around anyone for that matter. It's more absorbant than a depends max, and is really easy to make. Has anyone else had an idea like this?

I used to make diapers just like that. I made them for a couple years before going and buying adult diapers even occured to me. I knew they existed. I remember well walking past them in walmart and other stores when I was young with my parents. Some how I knew they were for "old people" and I remember that I couldn't wait to be a grandpa so I could wear them to. That was LONG before I know anything about being a dl etc, etc.
    Sorry rant. But I had to get that out of my system.

I used to employ the same method! Crazy!

I also lined my underwear with TP and paper towels- found it to be really absorbent, much more than I would've guessed. I sometimes used a speedo as the inner layer actually, since it was nylon and easy to wash.

In college I used to just hike into the woods and wet/poop my underwear, then stashed them in a dead tree. It wasn't as much lazy as it was just being opportunistic. There weren't many areas in college I could get away with diaper time or anything of the sort. Homemade diapers and that forest were my best option.

Default Cloth Diaper Simulation: Another Option

:bunny:

Good thread the-ownage!

I have made and used "home-made diapers" in similar fashion. This thread and it's advice should be helpful for many ADISC members.

Although I do not use cloth diapers, I do like the babyish feel of them. (Remember: cloth diapers for infants/babies were the norm during my childhood).

Even now, I will use pre-folded Birds-eye cloth diapers as inserts in my disposables from time to time. I also have about a dozen custom sewn flannel adult sized diaper doublers/inserts (7-8 layers of heavy flannel with babyish prints) that I use on a regular basis to have the wet cloth diaper feel.

My stash of disposable adult diapers has grown to such a ridiculous quantity that I can happily state that I will probably never build a homemade diaper again.

Quote Originally Posted by Diapered Rabbit View Post

Good thread the-ownage!

I have made and used "home-made diapers" in similar fashion. This thread and it's advice should be helpful for many ADISC members.

Although I do not use cloth diapers, I do like the babyish feel of them. (Remember: cloth diapers for infants/babies were the norm during my childhood).

Even now, I will use pre-folded Birds-eye cloth diapers as inserts in my disposables from time to time. I also have about a dozen custom sewn flannel adult sized diaper doublers/inserts (7-8 layers of heavy flannel with babyish prints) that I use on a regular basis to have the wet cloth diaper feel.

My stash of disposable adult diapers has grown to such a ridiculous quantity that I can happily state that I will probably never build a homemade diaper again.

Thank you. Yeah, my entire past has been in disposable diapers, so I can't say that this method offers me the same feeling. Regardless, it still functions as a diaper, so it's all good.

Just thinking, why not use a shamWow instead of a towel? Haha it might hold alot more!!

Quote Originally Posted by ioaka View Post
    Just thinking, why not use a shamWow instead of a towel? Haha it might hold alot more!!
    That's awesome that you say that because I was thinking the same thing about a week ago. That was when I did a little more research to find out that the ShamWOW sucks. If you search reviews of it on YouTube, you will find users that can't say anything hardly good about it.

Also, once the shamwow is squeezed (or sat on in our case), it's like a sponge that would leak everything out. That's discusting if you ever have to sit in a pool of your own piss...yuck.

Polymer diaper gel is awesome. Don't have to worry about that (well for a long time anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by accidentboy View Post
    I used to employ the same method! Crazy!

I also lined my underwear with TP and paper towels
    this for me until I got a job