Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First actual diaper!

Smile First actual diaper!

Hi guys and girls!

I've just taken delivery of my first load of nappy style diapers. I've had pull-ups before but they leak so easily so I decided to get some adult diapers.

I've just put my first one on and I have a few questions:
    1) The tapes don't seem to be terribly strong so is there anything that I can do to strengthen them?
    2) It actual padding bit seems awfully big and hard to move in. Is there any way I can adjust how I'm wearing it to increase mobility and decrease the massive bulge at the front of my trousers?
    3) What were your experiences when wearing your first adult diaper and have you got any words of warning for me?

Thanks!

Darkfinn

What kind of diapers are these?

The first thing you need to remember... the padding on real diapers is much greater than the padding on pullups... so that will take some adjusting to, especially if it is your first time.

As far as a detectible "bulge" goes... wear baggy clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    What kind of diapers are these?
    Well they don't actually have a name but here is what they are like:

Yatego - Tyco Windelslip medium maxi Nacht

The tapes will stick firmly once they placed down.
    The padding and putting on jeans or whatever will have to be getting used to.

if you get powder / lotion the the tapes they wont stick anymore (it's often joked that the purpose of more tapes is to clean your fingers) it needs be just get some ordinary tape and pass it round your waist to hold it.

btw I like your reference of "nappy style diapers." In the UK a nappy is the word you use for diaper, they are both the same thing. So I was slighlty confused by what you meant (we have pull-up nappies too) It's kind of like saying a "toilet like restroom"

Elli

Those look like kendall Lille Supreme Fit. I have those and the small print on the pack says Tyco, so maybe they are linked somehow.

Padding: I have a problem with puffy fronts of nappies, because as a girl, this can make me look slightly less feminine!! Girls shouldn't generally have bulges there! So, this is what works for me, and I imagine it might work for guys too. I 'mould' the front end of the padding (gentlely squeeze, push the padding) so it's flat against me, with the folds of padding further down in the crease of my legs/groin where it is less noticeable. Then I put firmly fitting girl-boxers over the top to hold it in place, and also to lessen the crinkle sounds.

Tapes. As BluTack says, push them down firmly and they will stick. As WoodlandWanderer says, grease or talc etc will stop them sticking. You probably have re-fastening tapes (blue section on them). The white part of the tape can be taken off the blue part, after it has been stuck and then the white part can be re-stuck. If you re-stick it back on top of the blue tapes, you might be able to re-stick a few times if necessary. If a tape loses it's stick, a small piece of double-side tape can be put on it to make it stick very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elli View Post
    Those look like kendall Lille Supreme Fit. I have those and the small print on the pack says Tyco, so maybe they are linked somehow.

Padding: I have a problem with puffy fronts of nappies, because as a girl, this can make me look slightly less feminine!! Girls shouldn't generally have bulges there! So, this is what works for me, and I imagine it might work for guys too. I 'mould' the front end of the padding (gentlely squeeze, push the padding) so it's flat against me, with the folds of padding further down in the crease of my legs/groin where it is less noticeable. Then I put firmly fitting girl-boxers over the top to hold it in place, and also to lessen the crinkle sounds.

Tapes. As BluTack says, push them down firmly and they will stick. Grease or talc etc will stop them sticking. You probably have re-fastening tapes (blue section on them). The white part of the tape can be taken off the blue part, after it has been stuck and then the white part can be re-stuck. If you re-stick it back on top of the blue tapes, you might be able to re-stick a few times if necessary.
    oh yeah i just looked closely on the packaging and it says Kendall Lille Supreme Fit. well now we know what they are, any more specific advice?

Hi anon
    Congrats on getting the naps! Yeah the Lille supreme maxi's are my most recent nappy investment as well and
    i'm still figuring them out. It's not so much a problemthat the tapes are crap on the Lille but that there is a complete lack of a TAPE LANDING ZONE like the previous nappies i got Tena Slips. But well if there's no landing zone then theres no landing zone. I tend to find that the tapes tend to come unstuck after a while even if i firmly apply them and rub them down so here is my solution:

after youve applied all of the four tapes as best you can then get a couple of cheap basic bandaids and stick 1/2 of a band-aid over the tapes (right over the blue & white bit) and then firmly stick the rest onto the front of the nappy. so your basically 'extending the tapes out further and giving them a larger sticking surface. The reason i like this over say sticky tape or duct tape etc. is:

1) The bandaids easily come off and wont rip the front of the nappy so if you stuff it you can just redo it or use another bandaid. - if you apply horizontal pressure (tugging on the tape) the bandaids will stretch and still remain stuck but if you you apply vertical pressure (ie pulling it off) then it will come off easily.

2) taking off the diaper is as easy as if you would've just used the origonal tapes. i find if you use duct tape or other heavy tapes getting off the diaper is uber noisy and messy and can lead to unpleasant fluff spilling out of a ripped diaper.

Hope this helps!