Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Industrial (Cyber Goth // Dark Rave) Music

Yumi

Talking Industrial (Cyber Goth // Dark Rave) Music

I'd like to know some good bands/songs.

Share!

One song I'm crazy about is Arise X - Nekromanie. I'm pretty sure it's German, the sounds I can make out sound like the German language... D: Either way, it's quite nice. I don't believe this is fully industrial. Hmm. A couple other favs of mine: 100% - Angelspit (Industrial//Cyber Punk), Hunter - YADE (Industrial), and Darkwave Surfer - Aural Vampire (Industrial//Darkwave)

Hmmm...I've listened to it, and it's just not for me. I wanted to understand it at the very least, and it just kind of escapes me.

Yep. I'm becoming a cranky old man. Nice.

Mako

I enjoy the music, but the vocals sound like a someone with a tracheotomy being strangled.

EmeraldsAndLime

I spent the better part of my teenage years going to raves and clubs that offered up more traditional types of hardcore rave music (not that happy hardcore shit), and I just find this stuff incredibly cheesy. I love industrial music, I just never got into the whole cyberpunk/goth/dark rave scene.

Bands? You might also find Aggrotech interesting to listen to. Hocico, Suicide Commando, :wumpscut:, God Module and Combichrist spring to mind.

you ever try pandora radio.... u can build a playlist of what bands you wanna hear. They will add a few bands in there as well, an its random what you get, but for free its great. An only a few adds get spammed. But over all for being free they have great music.

Hanzel Und Gretyl - Straight-forward industrial metal with a tongue-in-cheek nod towards the Nazi regime.

KMFDM - Seriously, you can't say you listen to industrial unless you know KMFDM.

Skinny Puppy - A bit difficult to get into at first because of their raw tones, but Skinny Puppy is a band I would consider to be the grandfather of modern industrial.

And One - A good mixture of synth-pop and darkwave with some (usually) hilarious vocals tossed onto the top.

Voltaire - Humorous string-based folkish kind of music that industrial kids think is awesome even when he's making fun of them to their face. It's important to like Voltaire.

Wolfsheim - A soft synth-pop extravaganza of awesome. Peter Heppner's voice makes me do things in my pants.

As Lukie mentioned, Wumpscut are great, too. There's a lot of *good* industrial music out there. Other bands like Razed in Black, Funkervogt, Covenant, Dr. Steel, and even Mindless Self Indulgence (I link them into "industrial" because of their ridiculous programming) are good examples to check out.

Oh. And Vyral. Because not like that's not blatant self-promotion. I am an industrial god, after all.

I actually photographed Combichrist, Dismantled, Aesthetic Perfection, and Julien K a few days ago. Combichrist was insane!

Yeah I don't really like this stuff, it isn't too bad. But I don't have a whole lot in common with Mr. Spikey Shoulder, I dont think he would like me if he seen me.

But I am an ambassador of happy hardcore.

I started listening to DJ Fritzy and East Clubbers.

Right now I like a lot of song by a guy named Paul Van Dyk, hes less hardcore but even more skilled and original.

I also plan on creating my own techno, rave, happy hardcore whatever you wanna call it music as soon as I get myself a the equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by lmsicklol View Post
    Yeah I don't really like this stuff, it isn't too bad. But I don't have a whole lot in common with Mr. Spikey Shoulder, I dont think he would like me if he seen me.

But I am an ambassador of happy hardcore.

I started listening to DJ Fritzy and East Clubbers.

Right now I like a lot of song by a guy named Paul Van Dyk, hes less hardcore but even more skilled and original.

I also plan on creating my own techno, rave, happy hardcore whatever you wanna call it music as soon as I get myself a the equipment.
    Paul Van Dyk isn't even close to being happy hardcore, trance all the way. He's been voted number 1 DJ in the world a couple of times. No happy hardcore DJ will ever come close to being as big as him.