Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefighters, EMT's, and LEO's Come In

Default Firefighters, EMT's, and LEO's Come In

After the EMT vs. Cop thread it got me thinking, how many members here are firefighters, EMT's or cops? I just thought it would be an interesting topic, I myself am currently going to school to become a firefighter/paramedic, and will be doing the final part of my EMT-B test next month.

I wouldn't mind being a firefighter but I know it's not really for me. I also don't want to be a cop or EMT at all, those job's suck even more then firefighters I think and actually are more risky I bet.

That said I wouldn't mind stopping a robbery as a regular citizen, and yeah that's risky, but it's the right thing to do and normal average people need to get some balls. I am not saying they don't have them, it's just that we don't use them all that much and we forgot about em. I don't want to rely on the cops for everything. If I can take someone down and unleash some pent up rage in the process then call the cops, that's fine by me.

Going to start going to classes to become an EMT-B this year or next(I can take it at my high school as a class.((Two birds with one stone.)) and then take the state's test to get certified and after that I'm going to go to collage for my EMT- Intermediate certification. I'm hoping to be able to work with my cities paramedics!

i am currently a Volunteer firefighter have been for going on 6 years now. i love it. Later this year i plan on takeing my EMT-B and eventally my EMT-P so that i can become a paramedic. Cause i think that would be fun..

emergency medical technician(EMT) or better known as Ambulance driver.

I was an EMT-B at one time. Now I am a nurse, most recently working in the ER.

I'm currently doing training for the RNLI (royal national lifeboat institution) if that counts?

I had EMT cert for 6 years but haven't renewed. Time issues and now a lack of resolve have kept me from doing it. I still drive when needed, but not tech.