Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headphones?

Secret

Default Headphones?

Im looking into getting some new headphones, I want to get a fair amount of bass from them to. I mostly listen to stuff like
    Techno
    YouTube - Justice - Waters of nazereth
    YouTube - Firestarter
    And also alot of classic rock and instrumental.
    YouTube - The Ventures "Walk Don't Run"
    Also alot of really mellow jazz.
    YouTube - Les Paul - How high the Moon

So its pretty varied music selection IMO, I was thinking because of the techno and the genereal feel of the beats to try and get a very bassy set of headphones. I had skull candy for a while but they broke beyond repair unforunately : (

EmeraldsAndLime

I personally prefer the Sennheiser HD range. Even the more cheaper models under that heading are still pretty good. I've got a pair of HD 25-SP and they are amazing.

As a side note. I've seen Justice live. Waters of Nazereth was fucking intense. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    I personally prefer the Sennheiser HD range. Even the more cheaper models under that heading are still pretty good. I've got a pair of HD 25-SP and they are amazing.
    I'll put in my good word on Sennheisers as well, good response curve and accurate.

Can't go wrong with Senheisers. And Justice and Prodigy are not techno.

Musicians Friend sells a good pair of Sennheisers for $100.00 I was thinking about getting a pair for myself. They come with a good reputation.

:bunny: AKG 240's are my favorites - that's what I have for my home studio. Retail for about $120? Still a very good choice. :bunny:

Secret

Oh sorry you guys I forgot to mention that my budget is around 50-60$ bucks

soren456

Not a lot of experience with different brands, but I have Sennheiser HD555s.

Were a Christmas gift. Absolutely great. Very comfortable. I'm completely happy with them.

(Edit: I listen to classical and opera mostly.)

I checked Amazon; they're $90.

I'd avoid wireless. A friend had some and we thought they were "odd." Couldn't put a finger on it--just "odd."

Let us know what you get.
    Last edited by soren456; 16-Jun-2009 at 17:43. Reason: Added thought

Quote Originally Posted by Secret View Post
    Oh sorry you guys I forgot to mention that my budget is around 50-60$ bucks
    One more Sennheiser wearer here.

Check out the Sennheiser CX300. I use them while at the gym, and I must say, the comfort is excellent. They also do a great job of blocking out any outside interference, although they aren't completely noise-cancelling. The sound quality is well above that of any other $40 set of ear-buds you can buy. I listen to anything that tickles my fancy, from Elton John and Joni Mitchell to Tori Amos and Tool.

If you're someday looking for a higher-end set of cans; one word: Etymotic.