Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zelda movie: The Hero of Time

Default Zelda movie: The Hero of Time

Has anyone else heard about this? Some people made an unofficial and independent movie based on the Legend of Zelda. I've taken film classes before so I have an idea of what it takes just to complete a simple project, what they did (with essentially no budget) has to be amazing.
    I know there was an fake trailer by IGN but trust me, this one is for real, they had their premier this past 6th of June in Atlanta. The filmmakers hope to screen it at other cities and you can sign up for to vote for your city.
    I mention this because I feel they deserve a lot of positive attention so I'm just trying to spread the news. After all, most mainstream movies seem to suck these days. This is one of the few films I actually want to see this summer, hopefully sometime soon.

They have a number of videos on their youtube, including a trailer and footage from the premier.
    h++p://www.youtube.com/user/TheHeroofTimeMovie

nope, though if its anything like the cartoon >.> but it would be a hard movie to make seeing how the main character cant talk lol. i'd still watch it though.

on a side note: "Well! Excuuuuuse me, Princess!"

Mako

Someones going to get sued... now they can't spend it on some acting lessons.
    I know something like this had to be a huge undertaking but I mean, really. They sound like a 5th grade production. Link also runs like he has a load in his pants XD

I've got to agree with Mako here. I wonder how long it will take to show on SciFi? The sound track sounds like something generated straight out of a mid-grade keyboard. The acting looks terrible. Oh well....it was a good idea, but I think the idea needs Hollywood.

I don't care what anybody else says, this is the most amazing thing ever!!! The traily threw my chin to the floor. I've never cared about graphics, so I'm glad it's not a main stream movie, but their following the Ocarina of Time story line!!! That is my favorite game, ever, hands down, no more questions. I have to watch this movie. Where do you think I'll be able to watch it? Will it come out in theaters, or will I be able to find it on the internet? If it'll be in the internet someone has to tell me where it will be. I'm so excited. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!

Mesmerale

I like it... ^_^

I wanna see this movie....

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    I like it... ^_^

I wanna see this movie....
    I LIKE IT MORE!!! Honestly I'm freaking out. I played Ocarina of time for 5 years streight, almost every day. I beat it every 3-4 days. I've memorized everything. I've beaten the game with only 3 hearts and without geting anything I don't need (nyrus love is the most relevent thing I skipped, and the bottles) TWICE! And now it's a movie! I'm honestly shaking!

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    I LIKE IT MORE!!! Honestly I'm freaking out. I played Ocarina of time for 5 years streight, almost every day. I beat it every 3-4 days. I've memorized everything. I've beaten the game with only 3 hearts and without geting anything I don't need (nyrus love is the most relevent thing I skipped, and the bottles) TWICE! And now it's a movie! I'm honestly shaking!
    *snuggles*

Seeing as he doesn't start of as like... a seven year old, it's not really following the proper Ocarina of time storyline. But that said, I wouldn't mind watching it. Honestly, Hollywood would of raped it... At least for this the excuse is they didn't have excessive budgets to blow on it. At the same time... I think books and games would make better series than movies... Movies cut too much from the source

I've seen this trailer years ago... they definitely improved it...

Quote Originally Posted by Nozomi View Post
    Seeing as he doesn't start of as like... a seven year old, it's not really following the proper Ocarina of time storyline.
    I don't even Care!!! The name of the move is the Hero of time. Zelda and Link look through the window. There are sages. Hyrule castle actually lookes like the Hyrule castle from the game. Have a seven year old would mean need a seven year old actor. That's hard and they don't have the time or money to do that. So take out one irrelevent detail and it's still the same storyline.

Also, thanks Mesmerale, I needed that.