Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leave you Shaking..

Default Leave you Shaking..

I've just finished playing a game called "World of Goo".

Here are a couple Creator-provided Demos for you guys

The game has an awesome story, despite it being a "Puzzle Game", and is just really fun to play. It's a short game though, I bought it two days ago.

Basically, this game has left me shaking a bit, literally...

I don't know if it was watching the 'End of Game' cut-scene, or maybe the entire game itself, but I'm just sitting here shivering.

There are a lot of games that do this to me after I beat them. Maybe it's left over adrenaline, or excitement at beating the game, or just complete appreciation for how much fun I had..

I was wondering who else experiences this sensation?

And what games do you experience it with?

Well, sometimes games for me can be as emotional or adrenaline rushing as a movie... so I guess that's what you're talking about.

I remember the game Metroid Prime was like that. Halo 3 was sorta emotional too because the music was so epic.

That happens to me all the time when I get towards the end of beating it, or I'm unlocking something special. My adrenaline kicks in especially when it's a game I've been playing for a long time.

I remember I was shaking really bad the first time I was facing the final boss in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. XD

I get this feeling if I game for 12 hours+. My eyes will hurt my stomach will be upset I'll be shaking. I won't even be able to walk correctly and despite this I'll feel great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    You have to download? :s I never download games =[
    Sorry, I didn't check the demos before I linked to them...

*shrugs* I don't think it'll be anything bad. It's just not exactly Flash, so you need to download it, I guess. ^_^

Everyone else: Yeah, that sounds about right..

It's the cut-scenes and music that'll do it for me every time.. More so than the game itself..

For instance...

Triachnid <-- Turn your volume up, no exceptions. Press "Start" after the game has loaded. Press "New Game", and you are NOT ALLOWED TO SKIP THE PICTURES. DO NOT PRESS THE ARROW AT ALL! Once the pictures stop moving, press the arrow (I know, I know) and figure out how to get out of the cave, and then move to the left, once you've reached the cave opening. ( Don't worry about the Green liquid, it won't hurt you. )

After you've watched all of the pictures, listened to the music, and done what I've told you to do, tell me if you don't feel like crying.

I love how the company/makers whine and cry and bitch about their game being pirated when they have no DRM at all. Anyone can just grab the installer, install it and play it for free.

Granted it would still be pirated if they did, but the way they got it setup even a toddler could do it.

The thing about World of Goo is that they left it without piracyprotection to test it out and/or because they didnt belive in it. When it all came down to salesnumbers, 1/10 people that played that game had bought it wich is an insanely low number.

Personally, after ive played for quite a bit, i begin to go on automatic. Its not particularly fun to play, i just do it to get to the end.

Matrix Blade

The shaky feeling is definitely an adrenaline overload. I don't play video games as much as I used to, but the one time I got this feeling, was when I beat Wind Waker. It took me forever to get to the final battle and my dad let me put it on our big screen t.v. in the living room. I remember the music was epic and the end of it was emotional. I was shaking the whole time and the only thing that stopped me from shaking was screaming and running around in excitement after it was over.

Good Times