Thread: Discovered?

secretdl26

Default Discovered?

My mom found a (unused) Goodnite in a plastic bag in my bathroom, which she left there and I threw out the following day. She didn't mention finding it until last night, asked me about it, and I denied knowing about it. I guess she accepted my denial and the topic was dropped. I hope this doesn't lead to more questions, but I am now entering a period of binge, and I am kind of panicking, which is leading me to think of leaving ADISC for the summer and focusing on other things. Is there any advice you can give? I know this has been asked before, but I could really use some help.

Be more careful. Next time find a better hiding spot like bury it under stuff. Don't leave it where your mom could see it or find it. Your bedroom could be a good hiding spot for it.

If you're worried about getting caught you might lay low for a few weeks. Let it go away. Humans forget things naturally if they don't happen again. She might sniff around your house a little for the next couple weeks to try to satisfy her curiosity, but if nothing ever comes of it she'll forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    Be more careful. Next time find a better hiding spot like bury it under stuff. Don't leave it where your mom could see it or find it. Your bedroom could be a good hiding spot for it.
    Only bury diapers if you KNOW your mother won't pick it up, or make you pick it up.

JessePup

just a another option you could reveal yourself. I'm not saying its the best option in every situation but humans also reply positivly to being told rather than discovering by accident. If you tell her she will feel trusted because your telling her a very deep secret and will respect it. If she finds out she will respond will a negative attitude. Thinking that because it was hidden it must mean it's something that is wrong and shouldn't be done.

never tell your parents unless you fear that they are going to find out anyway. always anylize the situation before you make a disision. remember that telling her is not always the best choice.