Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Beatles: Rock Band

Default The Beatles: Rock Band

I can't wait for this game!!! I'm made this thread to spread the word and build excitement for this, as the Harmonix fanboy that I am

Who else is excited for this?

The game will be released internationally on 9 September 2009, coinciding with the release of new, remastered CD versions of The Beatles albums.

(09/09/09, 999, Number 9 Number 9 Number 9, i.e. the song Revolution 9 on The White Album, those sly bastards!!! )

The Important part, The Music:

The game will include 45 master tracks chosen from The Beatles albums recorded during their 1962–1969 tenure with EMI Records. Previously unreleased studio chatter will also be included. The game will include The Beatles tracks whose publishing rights are owned by Sony/ATV Music Publishing Company.

The following songs are confirmed for inclusion in the game:

* "Back in the U.S.S.R."
    * "Day Tripper"
    * "Get Back"
    * "Here Comes the Sun"
    * "I Am the Walrus"
    * "I Feel Fine"
    * "I Saw Her Standing There"
    * "I Want to Hold Your Hand"
    * "Octopus's Garden"
    * "Taxman"

Downloadable content

Additional songs will be available for the game as downloadable content. This includes full albums; the remaining songs from Abbey Road will be released for the game shortly after launch. The song "All You Need Is Love" will also be among the first batch of downloadable content, proceeds from which will be donated to Doctors Without Borders. The song will initially be available as a timed exclusive for Xbox 360 on the same day the game is released. It will later become available for the PlayStation 3 and Wii.

More to be announced at a later date, I will update this post accordingly

For those of you not in the know, read below (ugh, I rhymed )

Even if you do know about it, read it anyway (you might learn something you didn't know )

Additional Details

The Beatles: Rock Band is a music video game developed by Harmonix Music Systems. The game will consist of songs by, and virtual depictions of, The Beatles. From their first album, Please Please Me, to their last recorded album with record label EMI, Abbey Road.

The game will be shipped as a bundle with themed instrument controllers and as a standalone game for which all existing Rock Band and compatible music game accessories can be used. The game will incorporate many of the gameplay features of the Rock Band series

The development team was able to bring Giles Martin aboard as the game's music producer; Martin having previously served as co-producer for The Beatles Love project. Giles was able to assure multitrack capabilities to The Beatles' master recordings, which is essential in allowing individual audio feedback to each player — for example, missing a note on the guitar track of a song will temporarily quiet the guitar audio in the song. The ability for up to three players to sing vocal harmonies, a feature not present in previous Rock Band games, was designed and implemented as an optional feature so as not to be overwhelming to players. Dhani Harrison assisted with modeling for character animation in the game. The team designed venues that represented parts of The Beatles' history in order to create an atmosphere of authenticity. Psychedelic "dreamscape" venues were also designed, inspired in part by the Love project.

The Beatles: Rock Band was first revealed when Harmonix and MTV Games announced an exclusive agreement with Apple Corps, Ltd. to produce the standalone title on 30 October 2008. Prior to this announcement, industry rumours reported that both Harmonix/MTV Games and Activision were vying for The Beatles songs, the latter for the Guitar Hero franchise. The agreement was the result of 17 months of discussions. John Drake, PR spokesperson for Harmonix, stated that Apple Corps "respected and appreciated what Harmonix does creatively for rhythm games" as part of the success of the deal.

The game will feature a visual and musical history of The Beatles and will include the United Kingdom-released versions of songs from their albums Please Please Me through to Let It Be. The game will "feature different periods of the band — you get early days, Liverpool, then psychedelic and on from there," according to McCartney. Dhani Harrison has stated the game will include "stuff that has never been heard, never been released." Gamestop's vice-president of sales, Bob McKenzie, noted after seeing a demonstration of the game, that the game includes "some of the cutscenes and some of the added material from the band and from that era."

The game will feature gameplay modes similar to other Rock Band games. "Story" mode is similar to the "Career" mode of the first Rock Band game and follows a linear progression through The Beatles history. Optional challenges will available in each of the story's "chapters", tasking players to accomplish specific goals. As in previous Rock Band games, players can play any song in the game either cooperatively through "Quickplay", or competitively in "Tug of War" and "Score Duel" modes. In addition to a drum training mode called "Beatle Beats", there will be a trainer for the three-part vocal harmonies. On the Xbox 360, achievements will be linked to The Beatles history.

Several historical venues were recreated for the game, including The Cavern Club, the set of the Ed Sullivan Show, Shea Stadium, The Budokan, Abbey Road Studios and the rooftop of the Apple Corps Headquarters. The venues also include "dreamscapes" in conjunction with the Abbey Road venue, representing the transformation of the band in its later years. Songs linked with dreamscapes will begin with the band performing in Abbey Road studios before progressing into a scene that represents the song in some way; for example, during "Octopus' Garden", the dreamscape reflects an underwater reef.

6/28/2009 UPDATE: HD E3 Trailer

Opening Cinematic
    Last edited by Young_Nastyman; 28-Jun-2009 at 13:52. Reason: picture and updates

All I gotta say better have " 8 Days a Week" ...

I agree, this will be awesome.

On a side note: I haven't been playing Rock Band lately because my Xbox360 got the RROD (I've fixed it 3 times and it's finally gone for good now). I will be getting a new one shortly.

Anyway... are there any Tool songs out for it yet? I know there are a couple for Guitar Hero World Tour, but I'm not interested in investing in the GH series drum set.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    are there any Tool songs out for it yet? I know there are a couple for Guitar Hero World Tour, but I'm not interested in investing in the GH series drum set.
    Not yet, but I wouldn't put it past Harmonix in getting them seeing as we're slowly but surely getting a bunch of the GH3 and GHWT songs as DLC

Excellent! It's good to hear that more GH songs are being shared. Thanks.

Updated the first post with the addition of an HD quality version of the trailer from E3 and the opening cinematic

Yeah, I can not wait for this game. I only have the guitar, but I heard the XBOX LIVE microphone will work for this as well. Should be pretty sweet. Do you get anything for pre-ordering?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    Yeah, I can not wait for this game. I only have the guitar, but I heard the XBOX LIVE microphone will work for this as well. Should be pretty sweet. Do you get anything for pre-ordering?
    GameStop pre-orders get you three exclusive tracks and a code for an in-game photo album

GameStop offers exclusive tracks, other goodies for The Beatles: Rock Band pre-orders

I'm sure Best Buy and other retailers will give stuff too, it's just that GameStop is the only one who has announced it already, although I don't know how you can top 3 extra songs

I'll wait for The Monkeys: Rock Band.

Even if they don't have as many good songs as the Beatles do I still like them better.