Thread: Interesting manga called Hatsune Mix!

Default Interesting manga called Hatsune Mix!

I found this manga called Hxdeadxne Mix!

Basically, the manga is based on, "The Character Vocal Series. It is a computer music program that synthesizes singing in Japanese. Developed by Crypton Future Media, it utilizes Yamaha's Vocaloid2 technology with specially recorded vocals of voice actors. To create a song, the user must input the melody and lyrics. A piano roll type interface is used to input the melody and the lyrics can be entered on each note. The software can change the stress of the pronunciations, add effects such as vibrato, or change the dynamics and tone of the voice.

The series is intended for professional musicians as well as light computer music users. The programmed vocals are designed to sound like an idol singer from the future. According to Crypton, because professional singers refused to provide singing data, in fear that the software might create their singing voice's clones, Crypton changed their focus from imitating certain singers to creating characteristic vocals. This change of focus led to sampling vocals of voice actors.[8]

Each Japanese Vocaloid is given an anime-type character with specifications on age, height, weight, and musical forte (as in the type of music, range and tempo). The characters of the first three installments of the series are created by illustrator Kei.

Any rights or obligations arising from the vocals created by the software belong to the software user. Just like any music synthesizer, the software is treated as a musical instrument and the vocals as sound. Under the term of license, the Character Vocal Series software can be used to create vocals for commercial or non commercial use, as long as the vocals do not offend public policy. In other words, the user is bound under the term of license with Crypton not to synthesize derogatory or disturbing lyrics. On the other hand, copyrights to the mascot image and name belong to Crypton. Under the term of license, a user cannot commercially distribute a vocal as a song sung by the character, nor use the mascot image on commercial products, without Crypton's consent."

Quoted from this article from wikipedia.

Anyways there are 16 vocaloids in the program series despributed by the Yamaha Corporation. Though, in the manga they ONLY use the Japanese characters. So I will list the names of those characters in the Japanese Vocaloid series.

Miriam: English female

Meiko: Japanese female

Kaito: Japanese male

Hxdeadxne Miku: Japanese female

Kagamine Rin: Japanese female

Kagamine Len: Japanese female

Megurine Luka: Japanese female

Kamui Gakupo: Japanese male

Megpoid: Japanese female

The manga has 10 chapters and a few of these Vocaloids in the Japanese series of the program will show up. The manga is a part of the musical genre and is also a comedy series.

Good manga! I just found out about it, and was quite surprised they made a manga out of her and the others! I have been a Miku and vocaloid fan for a while So maybe I'm just biased

Love the songs people post of her. Some of the favorites from my collection...lemme see if I can find them on youtube since I do this apparently...

Ah, here are two funny ones:

YouTube - [Moetron-Subs] Hxdeadxne Miku - "World is Mine" PV (English Lyrics)

YouTube - Po pi po ~ Miku Hxdeadxne Vegetable Juice Dance (HQ, English subtitles, Download)

and a really neat off-season one with fantastic animation to silent night:

YouTube - ?3DPV?Silent Night - Hxdeadxne Miku

and a bunch of chibi-version vocaloids dancing around:

YouTube - Hxdeadxne Miku Vocaloid dance

I went through 8 GBs of Vocaloid music to pick out the best of it, which I shrank down to about 20 songs. Here are a few of my favorites.

YouTube - Kagamine Rin - Congratulations [Kagamine Rin and Kagamine Len's Birthday Song]
    YouTube - Rin & Len "?????Drive Me Flat " with English Lyric
    YouTube - Hxdeadxne Miku - Missing (PV) - VOCALOID (HQ)

Edit: Finished reading it. So cute, so random! x3 Very light-hearted, simple manga for fans only, not really good if you aren't already in love with the characters :3
    Last edited by DLGrif; 09-Jun-2009 at 17:25.