Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Europe Trip

Question Europe Trip

So in a few weeks my family is going back to Croatia for the summer. My brother wears Goodnites every night but I'm not sure if my parents are gonna take them on the flight over (like the whole package). What I was wondering is should I try and discreetly stuff as many as I can in my luggage, or does anyone know if they are sold in southeast Europe? The place we are living is a pretty big city on the coast of the Adriatic called Split.

Help?

I would imagine that most places in europe would sell Goodnites, they are known in the UK as Drynites im not sure if that is the same in other parts of europe. You can almost guarantee that most large shops will sell the product of a sutibale Substitute.

I would almost guarantee they would, if not maybe a derivative. How old is he? as normal diapers may also fit him if you cannot get any bedwetting specific ones.

Peachy

Well, for one, you can't purchase Drynites or Goodnites or any simliar product in Germany. To purchase anything bigger than baby diapers or the occasional Tena pullup in really big supermarkets here, you'd have to go into a pharmacy or medical supply store and ask for them.
    So be careful with any advice from people from countries other than Croatia or people who've already been there, because they may assume that you can buy them, while that may not be the case!

Peachy

Yeah, I don't know if you can count on purchasing those products in Croatia. If you're adamant about wearing diapers there, you should probably bring a few of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by ajsco View Post
    I would almost guarantee they would, if not maybe a derivative. How old is he? as normal diapers may also fit him if you cannot get any bedwetting specific ones.
    Well he's 8 and the only time he wore "regular diapers" was when we were on vacation in the american west and thats all the store near us had. Don't really remember what size or brand they were though.

I've been to croatia a few times when I was younger, and I never saw bedwetting pullups in supermarkets. I can't say I've looked hard, though, as I wasn't really aware of my *B/DLness then. Pharmacies might have them (or at least some other adult diaper), especially if it's a big city. I've seen some kind of Tena Pants in almost every country I've been to in the last few years, so them + stuffers/baby diapers might be a good alternative if you really can't get anything else.

I'd say it would be in the best interest to smuggle a few with you - as you may not get some for a few days, depending on what you're doing. Also would it be an idea to get him to wear a goodnite during the flight as is there any possiblilty of of wetting if he falls asleep on the plane (if that were the eventuality that would be most embarassing, not just for your parents, but also for your little brother)

Quote Originally Posted by ajsco View Post
    I'd say it would be in the best interest to smuggle a few with you - as you may not get some for a few days, depending on what you're doing. Also would it be an idea to get him to wear a goodnite during the flight as is there any possiblilty of of wetting if he falls asleep on the plane (if that were the eventuality that would be most embarassing, not just for your parents, but also for your little brother)
    I think my parents did this in the past, the flight is freaking lonnggg and boring as hell. I never really bug him about it unless we are at home, so I never really knew if he had one on on previous flights (we go to Europe pretty much every year).

This is another stupid question but do you think the Xray things at airport security checks could see them through the bags? I'd die if they went through my bags and saw a bunch of stashed goodnites...

P.S This smiley is awesome lol

Usually it only picks up like metal or big things, some have it were they can see everything and some dont, so i cant really tell you if they will or not

One time i had depends in my bag and my brother put a few things in before i put in my diapers, so when we got there they scanned my bag and saw what was "Supposivly" a knife so they searched my bag and yes they took the diapers out in front of everyone and found that it was just a broken cd >.<