Thread: What can I buy to extend my wireless range?

I picked up a signal here in the group home in my room. but its only 1 bar and its intermittent. Right now I am at the library on WIFI so I have no have to worry about that yet.

My laptop has integrated, shitty wireless. I need to know if there is a USB device or something I can use to extend my range so I can reasonably search the internet, etc on my laptop.

THe laptop is a Cq50-211nr Compaq Presario. It has a Wireless b/g/n thing....

no express card, just an sd card slot..
    Last edited by Peachy; 08-Jun-2009 at 21:23. Reason: EDIT BUTTON AND NO DOUBLE POSTING!

You can buy a USB wireless card, but the high end one will cost a arm an a legs. an for the router its self you can most likly buy antena booster

Ok I bought a NETGEAR wireless N USB Adapter I have yet to try it in the group home, but I am hoping it will work quite well.. I already installed it on my laptop and I am still getting used to the interface... I took a bus to another part of the city to Walmart to get it, and it did cost an Arm... and half of my leg

$69.00 + Tax...

good thing is I have 15 days to return if it doesnt work but i dont know how debit card refunds work.

but it came with velcro sticky things so I can put one on the window and hopefully pick up a signal from outside if I cant pick up the SAPP networkl
    Last edited by Peachy; 08-Jun-2009 at 21:23. Reason: EDIT BUTTON AND NO DOUBLE POSTING!

timmahtherebel: Will you please stop double posting, i.e. posting more than one message in a row. Before you hit the "submit"-button, make sure you have put everything you want to say into your post. If you remember stuff you want to add, use the edit button. It looks like this: . I'm sick of merging your double posts time and time again! You've left two double posts in this thread alone.
    Help me saving my valuable time and stick with proper forum's rather easy!

Im sorry Peachy but I keep forgetting about that.
    Most of it happens because I think of something else, an afterthought, and I don't remember to use EDIT.
    I don't see it.