Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Size 7 diapers disappearing?

Default Size 7 diapers disappearing?

Has anyone else noticed the lack of size 7 diapers in most stores? I didn't see any in any of the stores around me... Target, Fry's, Walmart, CVS... what's the big idea?!

Are kids just getting smaller or something? Or are they making a "better" size 7?

I think they're gone. I always take a walk down the diaper aisle whenever the opportunity presents itself and I haven't seen a package of size 7's in months.

Other than grocery stores, nobody seems to have them. Guess babies just aren't as fat as they were in 2008.

Butterfly Mage

or the manufacturers figured out that pull-ups are more profitable?

I rarely ever found them in stores near me in the first place, though. Definitely never found any within walking distance of my house (and I lived near a lot of stores like Walmart, etc). They were always practically nonexistent for me so I had to get some online.

The Pampers website still shows Cruisers Size 7. From that page there is a Store Locator function. Typing in my home Zip Code it seems some supermarket chains are no stocking Size 7. Babys-R-Us and Toys-R-Us were shown.

A couple of years ago several financial publications covered stories that the baby/toddler disposable industry was backing away from pull-ups because of long-lasting production problems. We are now over a year past the predicted day on which pull-ups would be replaced with Cruiser-like diapers with Velcro-tabs intended so toddlers could work those without help.

Does anyone believe parents would want their toddlers removing diapers?

Apparently the engineers at the diaper factories figured out ways to improve the machines used to make pull-ups.

It may have something to do with the fact that their Baby-Drys size 6 are better in most ways to 7s, including size.

Yeah , I looked at Target the other day. I didn't see any , hmm weird.

I Still See Them in most Grocery stores around here , walmart ect

Is it possible that these products are proving more popular then P&G anticipated, and the lack of size seven is a result of excess demand compared to supply?

If this is the case, it could only be a good thing for us.