Thread: Windows 7 RC"beta"

Default Windows 7 RC"beta"

Has anyone else here used Window 7 RC"beta", You can still get in, but only till the end of the month and after that no one else can, plus you can only use it for 1 year.

So far i like it, once I get my 2nd screen working I'll like it more, But some kool things you can do, like have your back ground change, ever 10secs, up to like 1 day/week.

Seem to run faster than vista, its still very user friendly, with out being so user friendly you cant do any thing like vista

Quote Originally Posted by Siege89 View Post
    But some kool things you can do, like have your back ground change, ever 10secs, up to like 1 day/week.
    Aren't there programs that can do that?

Microsoft has said that "you don't have to rush" Which means that you've got a while before you can't apply anymore.

Anyway, I'm torrenting the latest build right now, you can't get that from Microsoft And I'm typing this on Build 7048, since I installed it I haven't booted into vista

My only gripe with it is that my copy of Visual Studio 2008 won't install properly. Oh well, 2008 Express Edition works fine for now.

I got build 7100, An i belvie that is the lastest build, Idk if there are programs that do it already, But its something they have made easyer to do I guess. I'm down laoding a game I play, But so far jsut doing simple things, Seem to runs alot faster than they would on vista, I also seem to use less of my memory, and CPU at a idle, then I did on vista, even after a fresh install of vista

I got build 7100, An i belvie that is the lastest build, Idk if there are programs that do it already, But its something they have made easyer to do I guess. I'm down laoding a game I play, But so far jsut doing simple things, Seem to runs alot faster than they would on vista, I also seem to use less of my memory, and CPU at a idle, then I did on vista, even after a fresh install of vista
    Nope Build 7201 is the latest one publicly available, Build 7225 has been leaked but not released to the public.

ahhhhh I see, well on my screen it says build 7100, I jsut downlaoded from windows last night so idk

ahhhhh I see, well on my screen it says build 7100, I jsut downlaoded from windows last night so idk
    The build you downloaded from Microsoft isn't the latest build. It was the latest, most stable at the time the Release Candidate program started. Employees of microsoft leak new builds all the time, but they aren't classified as official releases. Build 7100 is considered an official release, that's why it's on Microsoft's website. You have to go on slightly more illegal sites to download the later builds

ahhh Well I'm stick with 7100, I only downlaod it cause I dislike Vista so much, But I'm not realy to switch over to linex

Butterfly Mage

My 7100 build appears to be *very* stable and compatibility is overall very good. The only issue I have is some problems with a bluetooth dongle that was putchased three years ago. The drivers work so-so under Win7. Other than that, it's a champ. It boots faster than Vista *and* XP. I will certainly buy it when it's available for sale.

Yeah I will be buying Windows 7, for sure when it come out, I like its Alot more, I dosn't seem as puchy as Vista was with some stuff. An it really seems to handle allot of things better