Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So... No longer doing much more with audio >.>

Default So... No longer doing much more with audio >.>

Yup, its offical folks!
    I'm pretty much done with bass, getting 1 last subwoofer for the room system, Good ole' 15" Audiopipe 2000 Watter, TXX APX 15 BL (yup, this bad boy is BLUE!)

And as soon as TBE gets his tall self up here for another demo, I guarentee this new 15 will make him go "WOAH".

I know he liked my 18 though, 'twas quite big, Sadly Audiopipe don't make 18s, so I guess this 15 will have to do, but as soon as Audiopipe starts making 18s you can bet your padded butt i'll be first in line!

anyways, im already 100 in out of 150!

Wait till I buy this one people, i've heard these APs before, they are extremely loud and sound excellent!

(and yes TBE if you are reading, they do make 10s, and they are priced great too, 115$ would get you the 10" model of the APX im buying)

I've never known much about audio set ups, so I bought mine as it is (I have a panasonic system with 2 sub woofers, 2 super woofers and 2 woofers [at least, that's what they say] and it makes my room go boom boom :P). Great to know we have audiophiles here in adisc

As long as I have a passable system in my car, I'm happy with that. My audiophile kingdom will be my house...and the sky's the limit once I get the money together. I will throw every penny I've set aside into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagete View Post
    I've never known much about audio set ups, so I bought mine as it is (I have a panasonic system with 2 sub woofers, 2 super woofers and 2 woofers [at least, that's what they say] and it makes my room go boom boom :P). Great to know we have audiophiles here in adisc
    I AM the adisc Basshead, only babyfur on here that I think competes in the lanes here >.>

with my ole RE I could do a 146.0 @ 35hz legal on the dash in the grand am, my fucking god that thing hit.

1 18, you might be able to find a picture of it in the gallery, big ole motor on that thing too, triple stacked 50 pounder.

bass race average though, song played is that Roll Yo Bones track by Bass Mekanik, did a 140 averaged.

But, I need something new for the room, using a 10" PA speaker just doesnt fulfill that urge for gut wrenching bass.

Yaay an audio thread ^_^
    I have in my car (which i cant afford to drive *sigh*) a 1000 watt Alpine 6 speaker system with a single 10" sub in a ported box (i always had people guessing i had more heehee ^_^, such is the way its set up)
    As for house stereo i have an old Yamaha RX700-U RS 4 channel reciever, rated at 65 watts RMS per channel, hooked up to a pair of 4 inchers and a 2nd pair of 5 1/4 inch speakers, all 4 speakers having their own tweeters and ported. I think, if i rem correctly, the speaker setup on it rates at an estimated 460 watts peak. It actually does manage to pound hard enough to rattle pictures and whatnot off of shelves and walls, believe it or not.
    I know i dont have much, in either case, but at least i got quality, and it was all cheap :P
    ghetto stereos FTW

Cannon, my stereo system is measured output, which means I hooked a multimeter up to it to get real numbers, the clif designs amp I had outputted 1000 Watts rms, just the right amount of power for the Audiopipe 15, in my room my highs are all getting 50 watts rms each, and my sub output on this amp gives off 275 watts rms @ 4ohm.
    And it is 1 ohm stable, I just havent had 1ohm measured yet, gets a tad bit hotter but it can take it, im gonna add some fans to this amp as soon as I get off my lazy padded butt.

And, When people listen to my stuff, I sandbag.
    Basically, I keep it down till they say "man, for 1 18 I was expecting a lot more", then I go "More?" then I crank the knobs going straight to my bass enhancers so my amps start getting signal
    Generally, when your expecting more when your getting maybe consumer grade bass, when that knob gets cranked straight up and 150DBs of bass hits you in the back of the head, most people bail because it spanks their ear drums so hard :3
    Last edited by Peachy; 06-Jun-2009 at 23:36. Reason: merging double post - use "edit" button

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethefox View Post
    I AM the adisc Basshead, only babyfur on here that I think competes in the lanes here >.>
    I recall a long, long time ago in High School being the only one with a subwoofer in my car of the whole student body, and it wasn't a small school either. Granted, this was 1985 when subwoofers were pretty rare even in home systems and were largely the domain of audiophiles. When I did my systems they were designed around accuracy, SPL was never a factor lest one wish to hear things like sirens and car noises.

Ages past when I wrenched I recall a GMC truck (Pre-SUV era) that was admitted to the shop. We pulled off the drivers front wheel and were greeted with a mess. The brake disk was gone, ground so thin by the stuck calliper that it had fractured and left no trace behind. The owner 'claimed' that they'd 'just' heard it the day before. He was convinced it was a mere coincidence that the stereo system had been stolen the night prior.

lol im not trying to compare jake
    ive seen some pretty wild stereos, and i know mine isnt much, but its still plenty loud for garage sale special. My dad has a McIntosh setup, uhm twin 6 channel amps bridged down to 3 channels each, 2500 total power between them, plus he has two Velodyne subs, 1000 watts a piece...i can only dream of having something like that, or like urs :3
    mabye when i get my electronics degree >_>

Quote Originally Posted by cannonball88 View Post
    lol im not trying to compare jake
    ive seen some pretty wild stereos, and i know mine isnt much, but its still plenty loud for garage sale special. My dad has a McIntosh setup, uhm twin 6 channel amps bridged down to 3 channels each, 2500 total power between them, plus he has two Velodyne subs, 1000 watts a piece...i can only dream of having something like that, or like urs :3
    mabye when i get my electronics degree >_>
    I wasnt trying to be an ass, kinda slips out you know ^^;

and if you really want to build something that'll get loud, just get 2 15" audio pipe APX TXX drivers, it'll run you back 300 for 2 of em, trust me, They'll hear you comin' for atleast 5 blocks before they see ya. The drivers are so sensitive its crazy, dont even need to run much power to em to get em decently thumpin.

haha well, im more into clarity then all out bass, and i cant use my car anyways >_>
    unless of course you meant speakers for my house