Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't make up my mind

Question I can't make up my mind

Here are my options:

Option 1:
    Abri-Form Original X-Plus
    Package of 12 $19.95
    Cost per diaper: ~$1.67
    Pros: most widely used and recommended on these forums (as far as I can tell), $20
    Cons: only 12

Option 2:
    Bambino Bianco
    Package of 16 $28.48
    Cost per diaper: ~$1.78
    Pros: http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...tive-test.html
    Cons: highest cost per diaper

Option 3:
    Dry 24/7
    Package of 18 $29.95
    Cost per diaper: ~$1.66
    Pros: 18, best overall value
    Cons: purple, $30

help?

I haven't tried the Dry 24/7, but from the pictures and descriptions I've seen, it doesn't appear very babyish, and that's a no-sale for me.

I tried the Abri-Form a while back, and found it be pretty good and very absorbent. But the tapes kind of sucked, and it wasn't all white, so it had more of an industrial look to it.

Thus, I prefer the Bambino or Bianco. I've read they were changed recently to have a softer lining and that they're not as compressed in the packaging, so that's a good thing.

This may not be the best solution for you, I dont know your situation, but what about trying all three and deciding which fits you the best?? I believe that you can even order sample packs of each, although that will REALLY increase the cost per diaper.

Jeffy

hmm tough decision. Whatever you do do NOT get sample packages that's just going to cost more and you get less padding >.> I always go for how babyish they look, price is just another variable that doesn't seem to really matter in the end. Just budget wisely, and contemplate which one you'll be happier with.

(personally i'd go with classico bambinos and the mega stuffers n.n but that's just me)

Abriform X-plus.
    Not the best, but you will like them. They are very thick and feel like a big baby diaper, if it's what you want.

Jeffy

Quote Originally Posted by bob111 View Post
    Abriform X-plus.
    Not the best, but you will like them. They are very thick and feel like a big baby diaper, if it's what you want.
    then fill them with STUFFERS!!

I did it once, with the Abriform boosters. More like a traversable insert, full lenght. The diaper become extremely thick and putting a pair of pant over it is impossible, unless you dress like a yo with a 5 sizes too big pair of pants.

Suffice to say, I had to stay home. Surpisingly, the diaper was not more absorbant, it leaked a lot.

Jeffy

I did it once, with the Abriform boosters. More like a traversable insert, full lenght. The diaper become extremely thick and putting a pair of pant over it is impossible, unless you dress like a yo with a 5 sizes too big pair of pants.

Suffice to say, I had to stay home. Surpisingly, the diaper was not more absorbant, it leaked a lot.
    Why leave the house anyways? :/
    <threadjack> i mean more power to those who like to go to the movies or sports events padded and not having to go to the bathroom rocks, but i've heard of people like going to the mall or the bank and just lettin it loose there and that's just plain rude, imposing your odor on someone else XD Don't get me wrong, i went to the rave at A-Kon last weekend and crinkled there, and needless to say, hot... sweaty... drank LOTS of water which meant LOTS of wetness >.> thank lionchrist for bambinos being so awesomely absorbent... but i've been to cons where there were groups of people and the odor was... disgusting. </threadjack>

well X3 i love testing the limits, it's always exciting. The names Jeffy by the way *sticks out paw shyly*

A few stuffers will make a diaper more absorbent, but more often than not what'll happen is the extra bulk will push the diaper out so the leg-guards from the actual diaper don't stay in contact with your legs, letting liquid out.
    Back when I had just started wearing diapers and did a lot of overstuffing, my diapers would start leaking but they wouldn't even be wet all the way through. It took me a while to figure out what was happening.

As for the topic at hand, I suggest Dry 24/7. I just got some myself, and I don't think I've wet one to its limit yet. Not for lack of trying, last night mine was so heavy it was almost falling off before I changed for bed. The wetness indicator was still there though, and it still seemed to absorb fine.
    And the purple is so pretty!!