Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: illegal music?

Default illegal music?

I downloaded this song called "Panzerlied" a Whermacht march song made in 1933. Is it illegal that I downloaded it for free? I mean, the country that it was copyrighted in doesn't even exist anymore(Nazi Germany) and the government of that nation blew its' brains out in a bunker 64 years ago. Is it still illegal?

Piracy of music is such a common thing now that police are just giving put warnings... (that's what I heard... (that's what I'm banking on...)) Getting involved with the artist or the record company would get you in deep shit though... You would most likely be sued out your asshole...

Well the artist was killed ar Kursk in 1943, so no threat there. And the Record Company was the third Reich so...i don't think i need to be worried about being sued.

For the Record:

I am NOT a Nazi, I just like German Military Marches.

German military marches are some outstanding music. Honestly, they are!

I imagine you should be alright, DT. Most of that music is, as earlier expressed, public domain at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Well the artist was killed ar Kursk in 1943, so no threat there. And the Record Company was the third Reich so...i don't think i need to be worried about being sued.

For the Record:

I am NOT a Nazi, I just like German Military Marches.
    meh, that's like someone calling Ramstien neo-nazi's. Just something that most likely is not true.

Anyways the german's do have some great music same with nearly all countires regardless of their former or current leaderships.

Technically, no. Any copyright on that piece has long since expired.

Their not going to come after someone who downloads a illegal song here or there. They'll most likely go after the big time people that do nothing but constantly download illegal music, movies, etc.

Yeah, it should be in the public domain by now. Download away!